Pre-reqs through UNE

• Administrator

I took OChem I, and while OChem is the LAST subject I would suggest doing by distance learning, the UNE professor was responsive (same day or overnight turnaround on every question), and the grading was fair. I did this almost 3 years ago, so I can't comment on their current multimedia/software lab offerings. Yes, it was pricey... but it was exactly what I needed to finish off my prerequisites, and no program had any problem with it.

I am taking Biochem through UNE. The professor is very responsive as well. The lecture lengths very for each chapter, but the book is well written with graphs that explain almost all concepts. They also have a dedicated wikipedia page (once you sign up) for the class that goes through each objective of each chapter and what you are expected to know. You have practice exams, but they have no weight. Your entire grade is based off of the cumulative final (grades are curved based on previous classes). I have my final August 20. If you think that you are strong at self-teaching, then these classes should be good. You should also check to make sure which programs will allow you to take certain classes online. A lot of programs that I looked at stated that you can not have online labs, with the exception of this biochem class. Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions.

I completed my undergraduate degree there in 2011. Great teachers and facilities but be prepared to spend big $$. Depends on where you are but I took my Microbio class at USM shortly after graduating and that was at a much lower cost. PA school is going to cost enough. If you do take a pre req at UNE and want to know some info on the teachers I might have some insight for you if you are interested. Just send me a message. Hope that helps.

Archived