2021-2022 Cycle

32 minutes ago, NattyLongLegs said:

For those that were accepted: Have you received the email with the paperwork to confirm your acceptance and reserve your seat/pay the fee? I got the call on Tuesday and they said to expect an email later that day or the following day and I still haven't heard anything. Getting a little antsy to make it official 🙃

NVM, just got it today

• Like 1

I saw someone else post wondering if there was group started for those that got accepted this time.  I was hoping to also get in that message group.  I offered to one of the professors of the program to share my contact information with others admitted too.  I would be happy to help with any questions about the area as I have lived in this town and the surrounding area my whole life.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mbwqplk3 said:

I saw someone else post wondering if there was group started for those that got accepted this time.  I was hoping to also get in that message group.  I offered to one of the professors of the program to share my contact information with others admitted too.  I would be happy to help with any questions about the area as I have lived in this town and the surrounding area my whole life.

I was also interested in forming a group chat or fb group. Since the staff is out of office until January 3rd and that's when decisions are due, I'm guessing there won't be much progress made until then! I'm really looking forward to connecting with everyone though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NattyLongLegs said:

I was also interested in forming a group chat or fb group. Since the staff is out of office until January 3rd and that's when decisions are due, I'm guessing there won't be much progress made until then! I'm really looking forward to connecting with everyone though!

I went ahead and made a fb group so we can all connect! WSU PA class of 2024

• Like 2

On 12/16/2021 at 1:01 PM, ADG99 said:

Received an email saying acceptances were finalized and that I was placed on the waitlist.. Does anyone know how many applicants are placed on the waitlist? Congrats to those accepted!!

Have you found out any answers to you waitlist question? I was also put on the waitlist and am curious if anyone knows who can be contacted about it.

Thanks

8 hours ago, WMP86 said:

Have you found out any answers to you waitlist question? I was also put on the waitlist and am curious if anyone knows who can be contacted about it.

Thanks

Hi, I emailed the wsu pa program asking what spot I am on waitlist and they said they’re unable to answer that! As far as when people would hear, decisions are due jan 3 and they called people jan 4 last year. Hope that somewhat helps! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 7:54 AM, ry1998 said:

Oh my goodness. Were you able to contact them and explain what happened? 

I did explain what happened but they were completely un-remorseful and un-apologetic, which was not too surprising. Fortunately, I was accepted to other programs and one of them was my personal top choice. So I didn't let what happened with this school bother me too much. 🙂

Edited by daysofdash

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 9:32 AM, NotaCreativename said:

Hello! I also got my acceptance call yesterday and interview 11/18. I look forward to meeting you all and congratulations to everyone so far. Good luck to everyone else!

For those of you accepted, can I ask what your general stats were? GPA, PCE, Science GPA, In-state/Out-of-state, etc.? Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 4:52 PM, sparkleberry said:

For those of you accepted, can I ask what your general stats were? GPA, PCE, Science GPA, In-state/Out-of-state, etc.? Thank you! 

Hi! I was accepted this cycle (my third time applying). I am an in-state student and also completed my undergrad/competed in volleyball at Wichita State a few years ago. My overall GPA was a 3.6 and my science GPA was just slightly lower than that. I ended up taking the GRE for other schools but had my scores sent to WSU as well which was a 314. I worked as a medical scribe in 5 different specialties for my PCE x3.5 years for a total of about 5000 hours (10/10 recommend scribing as PCE). I also started working as a PT aide about 4 months ago (500 hours), just to mix it up and that was more of a hands on experience with more patient interaction. (Both of these will be hiring soon when I leave if you live in the Wichita area and are interested!) Also shadowed about 100 hours.

I'm happy to provide more info if needed!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious which applicants on the waitlist received snail mail waitlist letters vs. emailed waitlist letters. I wonder if there is a difference in the spot on the waitlist? I noticed several mentioned they received a letter in the mail. For those who have been pulled from the waitlist, how was your waitlist letter sent? @MM123456

Thank you!

56 minutes ago, MM123456 said:

I got an email today saying the 2022 class had been finalized and the waitlist was now closed. Did anyone else get this email? I’m a bit confused because how do they know if anyone else backs out before June. 

Confused because in the waitlist letter it stated if a position opens prior to classes starting in June, they will contact someone on the waitlist. 

14 hours ago, MM123456 said:

I got an email today saying the 2022 class had been finalized and the waitlist was now closed. Did anyone else get this email? I’m a bit confused because how do they know if anyone else backs out before June. 

That’s really strange. I didn’t get that email and was also placed on the waitlist, confused why I didn’t get it too? 

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, LaurenJennings said:

Confused because in the waitlist letter it stated if a position opens prior to classes starting in June, they will contact someone on the waitlist. 

We got the finalized class roster, but there is no telling whether people will change their minds or get accepted to another program before then. I can't imaging they would just proceed with a smaller class size, surely they would call someone off of the waitlist.

• 2 weeks later...