2021-2022 LHU Application Cycle

I applied 9/4, confirmed 9/9 and received an interview for 10/5. I was put on a "hold" which basically means I get compared in December to the rest of interview pool and a determination given in December. Hope this helps. I had a comfortable and positive interview experience. 

Edited by Reyyy

2 hours ago, Gabrielle2021 said:

Is being in the “hold” category the same as the waitlist ?

I think of it like a narrowed down pool of applicants, after which you get ranked and offered a seat or placed on a waitlist for seats. I need to check my notes later to confirm. I'll let you know.

Edited by Reyyy

36 minutes ago, dwm0802 said:

Interviewed 10/5 AM, acceptance email 10/7 at 1pm.  Picked the Clearfield campus which is closest to home and still had seats available.

How do you know how many seats each campus has ? I was in the same group ! Congrats ! I think the issue holding me back is my prerequisite coursework isn’t all complete yet .

Edited by Gabrielle2021

On 10/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, Gabrielle2021 said:

How do you know how many seats each campus has ? I was in the same group ! Congrats ! I think the issue holding me back is my prerequisite coursework isn’t all complete yet .

Number of seats available was not disclosed, but the Lock Haven and Harrisburg campuses were noted as full.  This didn’t affect me as my first choice was open, but if a person were to be accepted who wanted a full campus I believe they said there’s a waitlist process for campus selection.

On 10/9/2021 at 1:56 AM, dwm0802 said:

Number of seats available was not disclosed, but the Lock Haven and Harrisburg campuses were noted as full.  This didn’t affect me as my first choice was open, but if a person were to be accepted who wanted a full campus I believe they said there’s a waitlist process for campus selection.

if you want a seat at a different campus ask to be put on the waitlist for a campus asap. Since the program fills seats fast a lot of people accept it but many people will chose a different school so the lists move relatively fast. 

On 8/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, prepaTracy said:

are the online rotations a result of covid or have they been doing that for a while now?

Students who are sitting in on interviews are usually first year students who have not yet begun their rotations, therefore have no experience on what clinical rotations are like at Lock Haven. Didactic students are prioritized in the program and S2 students are pushed to the side. Speaking from what I have seen firsthand, students will have online rotations, in-person rotations are announced less than a week in advance, and you may need to cross-country for those rotations. One friend found out she was going to Florida a week before her rotation started. OSCE's are announced less than two weeks in advance. While these problems were exacerbated by COVID-19, I would highly scrutinize any positive comments about this program. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kaysabrina said:

Students who are sitting in on interviews are usually first year students who have not yet begun their rotations, therefore have no experience on what clinical rotations are like at Lock Haven. Didactic students are prioritized in the program and S2 students are pushed to the side. Speaking from what I have seen firsthand, students will have online rotations, in-person rotations are announced less than a week in advance, and you may need to cross-country for those rotations. One friend found out she was going to Florida a week before her rotation started. OSCE's are announced less than two weeks in advance. While these problems were exacerbated by COVID-19, I would highly scrutinize any positive comments about this program. 

I suppose my skepticism comes from other, similar posts on this forum. This wouldn't be the first time someone came on here, complained about their school showing gross negligence only to find out the issue was far less one sided then they portrayed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 8:42 AM, FuturePA1414 said:

Hey everyone! I am currently i first year student in the class of 2023. So as you’ve seen a couple people discussing the lack of clinical rotations. I have many friends from the class of 2021 and in the class of 2022. LHUs mission is to treat underserved populations and with that being said about half of their clinical sites are located in rural areas within Pennsylvania and they also had others in more suburban areas. However, once covid hit they lost a lot of the more suburban ones due to sites prioritizing city schools. Obviously this affected the class of 2021 a lot. HOWEVER. I will say the class of 2022 has had a much smoother process! I am friends with a bunch of students and every single one of them has had 3 rotations so far and they know their entire rotation schedule up until May with the exception of maybe one rotation that still needs set up. Also, they have been allowing students to work with a preceptor they know if they are able to find someone to accept them. With all of that being said. I honestly believe my class of 2023 will not have the issues the previous two classes have had, and the class of 2024 will definitely not have issues. Please don’t let the previous comments scare you. It is a great school to be at and all the professors are trying their best with clinical sites! Good luck with interviews everyone 🙂

I am a current second year student about to begin R6. Almost every other school in Pennsylvania that I know has had their clinical rotations confirmed since before the end of didactic year. Several times this year I have had a week's notice to find housing, move to the designated area, and begin my rotation. This is in no way a "smoother process" and the comment above is misleading. More people than not in this program do NOT have rotations "with the exception of maybe one rotation that still needs set up". That is false. I know many students that WILL NOT BEGIN an R6 in 3 days because they do not have one assigned (to which I assume they may graduate late). Additionally, opening up availability to people to find their own rotations is putting unneeded pressure onto the students, especially when at the beginning of clinical year they told us that we were UNABLE TO find or recommend our own preceptors/rotations. This is not a responsibility a student should bear. This is the programs responsibility and they have failed us in this respect. If you genuinely believe the next class will not have the issues that the previous two have had, you are living in a fantasy land. This year has been fraught with anxiety, incoordination, and a lack of acceptance of responsibility on the part of the program itself. I do not recommend going here.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, ucenitza said:

Unfortunately they only have clearfield as an option and I was put on hold for the Harrisburg campus. I am PRAYING some people drop off because that campus would be perfect for me. 

Clearfield is the campus I would want if I get accepted! Still waiting though. Wonder how many spots are left open, or how many more they will end up pulling from waitlist. What was your rank on the waitlist before getting pulled?

On 2/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, Gabrielle2021 said:

Clearfield is the campus I would want if I get accepted! Still waiting though. Wonder how many spots are left open, or how many more they will end up pulling from waitlist. What was your rank on the waitlist before getting pulled?

I am not sure but they said they would be offering spots to students up until one day before classes begin. I am surprised that is your first choice. I can’t even find an apartment to rent! 

• 2 months later...