2021-2022 LHU Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 8:40 PM, SamiK22 said:

Just interviewed today! Most laid back and straight forward out of all of my interviews thus far. The faculty are so very down to earth and genuinely just want to get to know you 🙂

i know they had this last year, but was the essay portion stressful? do you feel you had enough time to answer?

What else can anyone say about the interview? Was it long? Was it virtual or in person?

Wonder why so many are getting waitlisted, but I’m glad for everyone too that’s it not a denial! Congrats to those who were accepted already. I am still waiting for an interview invitation since the cycle is still open for another month. Did they say how many spots they had open, and why wait till December for a final answer? 

1 hour ago, Gabrielle2021 said:

What else can anyone say about the interview? Was it long? Was it virtual or in person?

Wonder why so many are getting waitlisted, but I’m glad for everyone too that’s it not a denial! Congrats to those who were accepted already. I am still waiting for an interview invitation since the cycle is still open for another month. Did they say how many spots they had open, and why wait till December for a final answer? 

The interview was virtual, started in a big group on zoom and they gave an introduction and answered frequently asked questions about the program. After that was the essay, the prompt was emailed to us and we had ~10 minutes (or 15, I don't remember) to write our response and email it back. When that was done people were sent off into breakout rooms for their interview. The interview was very laid back and the faculty were very friendly, asked basic questions like "why Lock Haven" and "what was your favorite and least favorite undergrad class". The interview itself felt very short, I want to say mine was about 15-20 minutes. After the interview you returned to the main room for a Q&A with current students.

Edited by PA202
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, PA202 said:

The interview was virtual, started in a big group on zoom and they gave an introduction and answered frequently asked questions about the program. After that was the essay, the prompt was emailed to us and we had ~10 minutes (or 15, I don't remember) to write our response and email it back. When that was done people were sent off into breakout rooms for their interview. The interview was very laid back and the faculty were very friendly, asked basic questions like "why Lock Haven" and "what was your favorite and least favorite undergrad class". The interview itself felt very short, I want to say mine was about 15-20 minutes. After the interview you returned to the main room for a Q&A with current students.

That is helpful, thanks! Just going to keep praying I get an interview. They just received my GRE scores so I’m hoping that was the hold up. Do you know why the final decision is made in December? I thought they could still make decisions up until the program began in May. I also wonder how many spots they have that are not given to the undergrads.

FYI-you all should know: This school has many issues with clinical rotations and sites. Questions about rotations are routinely not answered, and if you do get a response, it is often a smart comment or as if we are bothering the clinical coordinators. There is an extreme lack of communication. All of the class of 2022 will be missing out on about 13 weeks of rotations (35 weeks rather than 48). For the class of 2021, there are at least 7 who have yet to graduate. I say this because as prospective students, I believe it is important for you to have all the available information before making a decision. It is not uncommon to find out about a rotation a week before we are supposed to be there, and you may have to relocate within that week's time. Please consider this before choosing Lock Haven. 

• Like 1

Anonymous2021:  Is this a consequence of COVID restrictions or something else? Does this issue apply to all four campuses?  Is it worse at any particular campus? Are the rotations typically completed in the local communities surrounding the campuses or are they spread out across the state and require relocation? Are you permitted to locate your own clinical sites?

Edited by Eminem9

23 hours ago, Eminem9 said:

Anonymous2021:  Is this a consequence of COVID restrictions or something else? Does this issue apply to all four campuses?  Is it worse at any particular campus? Are the rotations typically completed in the local communities surrounding the campuses or are they spread out across the state and require relocation? Are you permitted to locate your own clinical sites?

there is a past thread here that has mentioned this issue with clinical rotations so i don’t think it’s a consequence of covid (though that might’ve heightened it)

On 8/20/2021 at 2:01 PM, Gabrielle2021 said:

Why do they say December if you don’t mind me asking? I thought they could make decisions up until the start.

I think it's because their interviews end in December. So they will reevaluate all holds after all the interviews are over.