JMU 2021-2022 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, houpa2024 said:

Does this email get sent out to everyone, or is it for people they’re thinking of inviting if the cohort doesn’t fill up?

Not sure if it was sent to everyone, but thankful they are still considering us. My email was addressed me to specifically (as in it said "Hello John Doe") instead of "Hello Applicant". Idk, maybe I'm reading too much into that portion. This probably means we weren't considered for the main bulk of interviews.... and are probably the last wave or back up interviewees. But the dream is still alive!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nemo125 said:

Idk if this makes a difference, but mine  addressed me by my full name. My email also said no mention of spring interviews….guess we’ll see. 

Oh no I didn’t mean to scare you! Mine also said my full name. The spring interviews thing was a question they answered for me after that email. Sorry about that!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email today that said they are wrapping up interviews in the next few weeks and then they will begin reviewing their waitlist! They are also planning to host an open house for all the waitlisted candidates on December 6th but more details later! Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! Don't stress too much, the faculty and students were all friendly and it was a great experience!

• 2 weeks later...

YAY, I have been so grateful to have been accepted for the program! I know there is a accepted facebook class page, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a GroupMe or other platform to connect and get to know other accepted students.

Also, I was wondering what people were thinking of regarding dress code for the open house. I was just thinking business casual but did not want to over/underdress. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, c2st101 said:

YAY, I have been so grateful to have been accepted for the program! I know there is a accepted facebook class page, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a GroupMe or other platform to connect and get to know other accepted students.

Also, I was wondering what people were thinking of regarding dress code for the open house. I was just thinking business casual but did not want to over/underdress. 

I haven't heard anything about a GroupMe for accepted students but that would be pretty cool!  I wouldn't mind starting something but not really sure how to even go about it..

9 hours ago, aha1991 said:

I haven't heard anything about a GroupMe for accepted students but that would be pretty cool!  I wouldn't mind starting something but not really sure how to even go about it..

There is a group me from the open house last week. I’ll post the info on the facebook page!

• 2 months later...