AAPA's got our back...a little

It's good that the ads have been removed, but I'm sure a lot of people saw them. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression and in a lot of people's minds....it's already set.

Exactly...a public apology should be issued, or the AAPA should spend some of our dues on a public ad campaign promoting the profession!

typically these people dont think , they react or lash out. Similar situation not far from here. new er group advertised nothing but "

board Certified "docs. now 6 onths later all they have is a bunch on FMGs one or two real ER ddocs and new grads for ER docs. and we continue to soldier on out here in the hinterlands. ER staffed solely by PA-Cs with a growing er census and acuity.

I wonder what the PAs working for that Michigan hospital thought of those ads. I mean, I find it hard to believe that there were no PAs at all associated with that particular hospital...

OTOH: Those ads probably hit the air without the advice or concent of anyone on the medical staff... Our system started running ads for our department (good ones, by the way) and, when I mentioned them to our medical director, that was the first he'd heard of it... I imagine, especially with big systems, advertising happens from a totally different location...

I could tell you a lot of stories about issues in NY as well. I know David Jackson or Dave Mittman could as well. EVERY state has had issues like this. Most on here don't really realize everything that AAPA does on a routine basis for us. Most of it is behind the scenes negotiating at a National level that most PA's never see or hear about. But, they hardly just sit around.

MCHAD, they are. They don't have the money to do a full on ad campaign on national TV. SO they are doing a targeted ad campaign. I know that they have run several ads in the Congressional Quarterly, as well as in other policy circles. When you have limited resources, you have to do a targeted, strategic campaign, and you have to target it where you can get the most return for your buck...this means policy makers right now.

Archived