Waitlisted. Where do I rank on the waitlist?

I strongly disagree with taking this as being another chance to toot your own horn as suggested above. My suspicion is that your letter would be read by one person (I think it would where I teach) and the whole adcom would NOT meet yet again to rescore you.  And, if that one letter reader thinks you're out of line...

You are ranked and you still won't know how it will turn out in the end because you don't know how many they'll need to take from the wait list. My best friend in PA school was picked up 2 days before our class started and 2000 miles away. 

Chill.

Edited by UGoLong
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 12/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, UGoLong said:

I strongly disagree with taking this as being another chance to toot your own horn as suggested above. My suspicion is that your letter would be read by one person (I think it would where I teach) and the whole adcom would NOT meet yet again to rescore you.  And, if that one letter reader thinks you're out of line...

You are ranked and you still won't know how it will turn out in the end because you don't know how many they'll need to take from the wait list. My best friend in PA school was picked up 2 days before our class started and 2000 miles away. 

Chill.

I agree with this.  You fall on the wait list wherever you fall....I wouldn't write a letter that you're better then anyone else on the list.  I'm sure they are questioned by many about where in line they are on the wait list.  So, I would simply ask if you are allowed to ask that question.  

Edited by DizzyJ
  • Upvote 2

As hard and unpredictable as it might be, I would not reach out to the school. They will never tell you where you are on the waitlist. Unfortunately you just have to wait. If you pay attention to the school's thread you can figure out where you stand (for example if you see  a lot people taken off and you haven't been notified it's safe to say you are towards the bottom especially if these people interviewed after you). 

I'm assuming you interviewed and then got waitlisted. If this is the case, I would definitely take the time to maybe work on your interview skills to see how you can improve. 

• Upvote 1