Medicine module vs organ based curriculum

I'm not sure there is a comparison.  The medical model focuses on cause and effect of disease processes.  Organ (or system based) curriculum is just a framework for teaching one organ system at a time.  So, across all your classes, you should cover the cardiovascular system at the same time.  Not learning about cardio in adult medicine, while covering derm in pharmacology.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, DizzyJ said:

I'm not sure there is a comparison.  The medical model focuses on cause and effect of disease processes.  Organ (or system based) curriculum is just a framework for teaching one organ system at a time.  So, across all your classes, you should cover the cardiovascular system at the same time.  Not learning about cardio in adult medicine, while covering derm in pharmacology.  

Thank you!  That is what I noticed too, but was not 100% sure. The one that teaches with medicine modules has different courses for each system such as a cardiology module or musculoskeletal module. In each module they teach you everything you need to know about that system and they finish the lectures off with anatomy cadaver instruction. It seems like the organ based system school is what you said it is. You have several different courses in one day,  but learning about the same organ. It seems like most schools go by the organ based system curriculum.