Let's Practice Interviewing Each Other

Who would be interested in practicing interviewing?  After interviewing at my top-choice program this cycle and failing to get accepted or even on the waitlist, I know I need a lot more practice interviewing.

Let's help each other.  Let's do 15- to 45-minute virtual interviews.  The more we can do, the better.  

I spoke with several PAs, did a practice interview through my university's career center, and paid $$$ for professional PA interview help.  The practicing PAs knew me and were a relaxed about the process.  They told me I had good responses.  I think that the interview through my university's career center was the best/most realistic.  It was a 30-minute, rapid-fire interview.  The person was vaguely familiar with my app/personal statement/resume.  The professional help was expensive, we stopped after each question, and I didn't get a sense of where I might stand amongst other applicants.

Practicing with each other has many benefits.

1. It's free
  2. Other applicants are familiar with what programs are looking for (as opposed to your university's career center, where people won't be too familiar with the competitiveness of PA school entrance.)
  3. we can get ideas from each other (When I was teaching, I learned a lot from watching other teachers. I'd observe and think, 'I want to incorporate my own version of that', or 'I do that, too, but shouldn't.'  Sure, there's a risk of someone copying you, but that person will probably just come off as inauthentic. Plus, you can compare your answers to others' and see where you need to step up your game.)