opinions??

I just got hired somewhere as a MA but I wont start for another two weeks. I really want to put this on my app but that means holding off on submitting for at least another 4 weeks or so. My app is pretty much done for the most part since I am a second time applicant and I was hoping to submit soon. Most of my other patient contact is as a physical therapy aide. What would you do?! ....also my top 3 schools don't do rolling admissions. Thanks!

Also, CASPA will call and verify your hours, so I don't think it will really help that much to have, say, 20/30 hours as a MA.. I would definitely go with applying as early as your application is completed and you're comfortable with. My philosophy when applying was that I the longer I waited the fewer spots left to compete for.. even if it's not rolling admission, the committee will start gathering up their favorites when they see them.

You could put it into your personal statement with something like "over the following year I will be working as a medical assistant at X, which will help me X..."

Best of luck!!

Thanks for your input!! I think I am going to go with submitting earlier and just putting that I will be working as an MA in my PS. No point in just letting my complete application just hang around while it can be getting verified!

Archived