Thanks COVID...ugh

So I learned of a narcotics treatment program that provided loan repayment through my state and applied for it at the end of 2019.  To make a long story short the funding for the program was pulled as  COVID hit, supposedly needed for funding something related to COVID.  They maintained hope that other funds would be made available, and in May 2020 I was accepted to the program, but this was pending finding new funds.  Last week I was informed the funds came through and payment would be made shortly.  Between this repayment program and some funds I had been saving up, the plan was to pay off 100% of my student loans immediately.  Unfortunately, I received an email today that the program was mistaken and these new funds (a grant from the federal government) cannot be used for student loan repayment in any way...I may need a padded room this weekend...😡