Programs with Least Amount of Prerequisites

Wager College in New York (it's not short by any means, but shorter than the average i've seen)!!

Requirements:

Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II 

General Chemistry I & II

Organic Chemistry I

Medical Ethics or Medical Anthropology

Biostatistics and Experimental Design

Microbiology

Select one of the following:

• General Pathology
  • Genetics

• Administrator

There's room for someone to make and update such a site/list.  Not sure enough people would pay to make it worthwhile, though.

Understand that the lower a program's requirements, the more applicants it will have per seat, so shooting for "low hanging fruit" is often times not going to significantly shorten your PA school prerequisite journey.  On the other hand, CASPA does get easier the second time around...

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 2:27 PM, Jwells said:

Hello all, 

I am new here. I have been looking for a comprehensive list of schools that have the least amount of prerequisites. Sorry if this has been asked before. If so please redirect me to the appropriate list. 

Thanks very much, 

Jen

Hello, I was in this boat last year. I applied to Yale, Yale Online and Northeastern with the bare minimum of prerequisites and about 250 patient care hours. I think it was fairly obvious that I was applying before I was really ready, but I still had an interview and was waitlisted with Yale Online! I didn't get in, but going through the process of applying last year has made this year so much easier. 

Good luck with the process. 

• Like 1