Low GPA?

I mean if we are talking JUST gpa then I'd say below 3.7 is "low" because that's a pretty common average gpa for school admittance. I would really say 3.5 -3.7 is average. Good thing most PA schools look more into it then that. You can be "low" and still an above average applicant. 🙂

Edited by Kirby219

It definitely depends on the school, but I'd say anything under 3.5 is considered low. However, GPA isn't everything and a lot of schools will evaluate your app holistically. I applied this cycle with a cGPA of 3.21 and a sGPA of 3.31 and I have received 2 interview invites so far already.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jaw67PA said:

It definitely depends on the school, but I'd say anything under 3.5 is considered low. However, GPA isn't everything and a lot of schools will evaluate your app holistically. I applied this cycle with a cGPA of 3.21 and a sGPA of 3.31 and I have received 2 interview invites so far already.

Good job @Jaw67PA

• Like 1

Just now, Jaw67PA said:

Thanks! I've been surprised by this whole process. Tbh I'm just happy and grateful that schools are actually looking at my app and giving me a chance to prove myself further in an interview 🙂 

yeah, Me too! I have one so far and it's the only schools I've heard anything from so far lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KaiteKakes said:

Well I was hoping this would make me feel better... Haha. I have heard absolutely nothing so far. 1/2 my applications went out in June, 1/2 just about a week ago. 

I applied may 4th so I was early! There is still time. The one school I heard from is quick every year with sending things out. Alot of schools are just starting to just go over apps. It's the second week of July and I wouldn't worry too much.

Edited by Kirby219

35 minutes ago, Kirby219 said:

I applied may 4th so I was early! There is still time. The one school I heard from is quick every year with sending things out. Alot of schools are just starting to just go over apps. It's the second week of July and I wouldn't worry too much.

Easier said than done... Haha. Trying not to look at the forums too much or I'll freak myself out. 

• Like 1

3.7 is actually above average at a number of schools. I would say 3.5-3.7 is average. Below 3.5 is considered low in my experience applying to PA school. 

You can definitely offset your worries by exceeding other areas. 2000+ paid PCE, 500+ volunteer/community service hours, 100+ shadowing hours, maybe a study abroad? 

That said, many PA schools look at the whole applicant once they pass the initial screening point. Good luck! 

Edited by Diggy