Should I wait until I get other interview invites?

I applied to one school the day before CASPA closed in April just to see what would happen. I ended up getting an interview and an acceptance last week. However, this school is in California and I would really like to stay in Oregon. I applied to all 3 schools in Oregon this cycle (OHSU, George Fox and Pacific U) and unfortunately, they aren't extending interviews until the Fall. I have 2 weeks to decide on the CA school.

Should I take my chances for the Oregon schools? I realize I do have strong stats. However, aren't we all on the same playing field in interviews? I'm a shy, introverted person, so it's hard to shine in interviews no matter how strong my background especially in group interviews. I'm also not accumulating any more PCE. I'm a contact tracer now for better job security and income.

My stats:

3.9 cumulative

3.82 science

3566 PCE (1840 hospice aide, 611 MA, 906 HHA/CNA, 209 SNF CNA)

2021 Volunteering (Peace Corps, ESL, optometry outreach, hospice)

40 Shadowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will very likely get more interviews with your grades, etc. That you got an interview (and an acceptance) the first time out should be a source of confidence as you move forward. And I do think that you need more confidence! 

If you want to go to an Oregon school, then you can wait and see if you get invited to one. And, if you don't, you can wait a year and try again, if necessary. (On the other hand, if you really like -- and can afford -- the California school that accepted you, then why not?)

Please don't live your life as if every opportunity you get has to be pounced on because -- God forbid -- "shy, introverted you" will never never get anything better. That's a recipe for disaster. 

Good luck!

Edited by UGoLong

I would recommend putting down the seat deposit. Worst case scenario you don’t get in any of the Oregon programs but you get to still attend a PA program. It is truly a different feeling attending interviews when you have been accepted elsewhere and much more enjoyable process without the stress.
On interview days schools rank applicants on the performance but I wouldn’t say every student is equal in their eyes solely based off performance (depending on the program) since they still weigh stats of students to determine who gets the seats, what value does a certain student bring to a cohort, or where someone is positioned on a waitlist as well. In the long run $500-$1000 seat deposit is a minimal loss compared to doing another CASPA cycle. If Oregon is where you want to work maybe you can talk to the program in CA and they can find a rotation there for you to establish some connections. 

You will very likely get more interviews with your grades, etc. That you got an interview (and an acceptance) the first time out should be a source of confidence as you move forward. And I do think that you need more confidence! 
If you want to go to an Oregon school, then you can wait and see if you get invited to one. And, if you don't, you can wait a year and try again, if necessary. (On the other hand, if you really like -- and can afford -- the California school that accepted you, then why not?)
Please don't live your life as if every opportunity you get has to be pounced on because -- God forbid -- "shy, introverted you" will never never get anything better. That's a recipe for disaster. 
Good luck!

Thank you for the confidence boost, I have major imposter syndrome even though my stats say otherwise.

I dont have great advice but I did the same thing (besides getting in lol)

34 minutes ago, weeitsvi said:

I applied to one school the day before CASPA closed in April just to see what would happen. I ended up getting an interview and an acceptance last week. However, this school is in California and I would really like to stay in Oregon. I applied to all 3 schools in Oregon this cycle (OHSU, George Fox and Pacific U) and unfortunately, they aren't extending interviews until the Fall. I have 2 weeks to decide on the CA school.

Should I take my chances for the Oregon schools? I realize I do have strong stats. However, aren't we all on the same playing field in interviews? I'm a shy, introverted person, so it's hard to shine in interviews no matter how strong my background especially in group interviews. I'm also not accumulating any more PCE. I'm a contact tracer now for better job security and income.

My stats:

3.9 cumulative

3.82 science

3566 PCE (1840 hospice aide, 611 MA, 906 HHA/CNA, 209 SNF CNA)

2021 Volunteering (Peace Corps, ESL, optometry outreach, hospice)

40 Shadowing

. Applied on the last day before the schools closed and was rejected like the next day. Just assumed the classes were already full. I basically only did it for amusement lol. Although with stats like that you will get the interviews you want. Now can you perform at those interviews? Thats up to you. If I had an offer and wasn't at least fairly confident that I would be able to get in somewhere else. Then I'd accept.

If i was confident on getting something at the other 3, then I'd pass on the offer.

It's a tough spot. I'd rather accept the offer if given the choice, but this choice isn't mine lol.