Research and teaching as a PA

Hello!

I am an undergrad student who is considering applying to PA school. I was wondering if it's possible for PAs to do research and/or teach, like MDs can? I have read that it is more common for PAs who also have PhDs to do research, than "just" PAs. Is there anyone here that is a PA that does research or knows PAs that do research and/or teach? 

Thank you in advance. 

Most MDs with research labs are MD/PhDs, but certainly not all. Most research is performed by a PhD scientist. If you'd really like to pursue a career in research, consider a pathway which includes a PhD.

If you're still an undergrad, I recommend volunteering in a research lab on campus or a summer research program. Research isn't for everyone.

By teaching, what type of coursework? PA classes?  Or a science?  Science courses at university are generally taught by a PhD, sometimes a M.S. (especially at a community college). 

• Upvote 1