2020-2021 Grand Valley State University Application Cycle

Just got my rejection as well. Super disappointed, but I know how these things work. I would’ve loved to stay in GR for PA school as I did my undergrad at GV. 

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview! I wish you the best of luck, and if you get in, Grand Rapids is one of the best places to practice medicine and the clinical rotations are great!

44 minutes ago, Hedyl said:

I just got my email saying I was put on a waitlist for an interview, does this basically mean rejection? Also Anyone know what are the odds that I would get off the waitlist and get an interview?

I also got an email stating I was on the waitlist for an interview. Hopefully someone decides to decline their interview spot so we can hopefully get a chance. I can't believe they are only doing one day of interviews. Good luck to everyone interviewing!

On 11/2/2020 at 8:44 AM, Emma9297 said:

For those that interviewed on the 30th how was it?? What was the format like? Thx 🙂

It was three interviews, two one-on-two (two staff members and you) interviews and one group interview! I thought it was very relaxed and flowed really well. They asked to know about us and then ask a scenario question or two and then from there we just chatted. The group interview part was similar with everyone introducing themselves and then having the opportunity to ask questions. There was also an information session about the school. I really enjoyed how the interview was formatted and felt like I really got to know the staff and school! I hope this helps! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, megk505 said:

I have not! I interviewed for the GR campus and I think they said we would hear back the first week of December.

Thank you! I also interviewed for the GR campus. I wasn’t sure if we’d hear back earlier because years prior to us, they let you know within 2-3 weeks. Might have changed because it was an online interview? Oh well, I wish you luck!! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, prepaperson said:

Hello everyone! I also received an acceptance email last week and am so excited to attend(: I filled out the form that needed to be returned by Dec 17 but did not see anything about a seat deposit. Did anyone else see any mention of this? 

I emailed the program & asked if there was a deposit we had to put down & they said no 🙂