Verification

• 2 weeks later...

I applied on 6/2 and I am still waiting for verification. I know people who have submitted after me that were verified in 3-4 days so I'm not sure what the hold up is. I thought when I submitted was considered early so I didn't expect it to take this long. It's extremely frustrating.

On 6/16/2020 at 12:54 PM, Jaw67PA said:

I applied on 6/2 and I am still waiting for verification. I know people who have submitted after me that were verified in 3-4 days so I'm not sure what the hold up is. I thought when I submitted was considered early so I didn't expect it to take this long. It's extremely frustrating.

Verification starts counting after you submit to a school AND at least two LORs are received and all transcripts are received. If you haven't been verified yet, something is likely missing. Have you checked your status menu to make sure you're considered "complete?"

Edited by Allegro
  • Upvote 1

On 6/17/2020 at 5:18 AM, MercenaryJB said:

Caspa is complete garbage. I applied on May 29th and i am still waiting. They lost my unofficial document and keep sending me the same message after i upload it. It has been the worst experience ever applying through caspa with these inadequate people working for them.

Have you called them about the notification for additional guidance? Sounds like you are taking the same action and expecting a different outcome. Not saying it isn't their mistake, just that you may need to intervene to get things moving.

2 hours ago, Allegro said:

Verification starts counting after you submit to a school AND at least two LORs are received and all transcripts are received. If you haven't been verified yet, something is likely missing. Have you checked your status menu to make sure you're considered "complete?"

Yes, everything was "complete" according to their site and I also called them multiple times during these past two weeks to make sure and they also told me it was "complete". I was finally verified late last night on 6/17.

Edited by Jaw67PA
  • Like 1

Hello! Just to add on, I submitted around 6/15 and am still waiting for verification.

Will post again in this thread once I get verified. I have everything marked "complete" as well. I chatted with a representative from CASPA as well and just got their "2-4 weeks" response. 

EDIT: received verification 6/27 but had a kink with my transcript and had to resend.

Edited by untildawn
update
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, untildawn said:

Hello! Just to add on, I submitted around 6/15 and am still waiting for verification.

Will post again in this thread once I get verified. I have everything marked "complete" as well. I chatted with a representative from CASPA as well and just got their "2-4 weeks" response. 

EDIT: received verification 6/27 but had a kink with my transcript and had to resend.

What was the kink with your transcript and did they inform you of the kink before 6/27? 

I submitted on 6/22 and am still waiting on verification. 

7 hours ago, lauraw15 said:

What was the kink with your transcript and did they inform you of the kink before 6/27? 

I submitted on 6/22 and am still waiting on verification. 

I took an extension course from my main undergraduate college -- I neglected to send them a separate transcript directly from the extension university and not from the main. 

So the breakdown is:

Submitted: 6/14

Notified that my submission was not delivered because I need to submit another transcript: 6/22

Transcript received (transcript was delivered 6/23): 6/25

Verified: 6/27

Hope this helps!

Has anyone needed to upload an unofficial transcript to the COVID-19 transcript hardship page? I had transcripts from 5 colleges--4 schools were able to send an official copy to CASPA. The 5th one would not despite my best efforts. They insisted that the only way they could send the transcript was via email, which does not work for CASPA.

I submitted 6/25, but my application won't move into the verification queue until the "unofficial" 5th transcript is moved from the COVID-19 transcript hardship document page to the page with the rest of my transcripts. Once that happens, it will marked as "arrived." I put "unofficial" in quotations because I actually did upload the official one emailed to me by the school.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and how long it takes? The person I spoke to at CASPA said they were not sure since the COVID-19 transcript option is new for this cycle, but I would hope it wouldn't take too long since it just requires someone on the backend to move a transcript from one page to another?

• Like 1

Because of COVID, registrars actually can sign up with CASPA to send official transcripts via email - the registrar has to reach out to their support team to set that up. Applicants obviously can't. I'd confirm with your registar that isn't an option (either because they haven't set that up or are unwilling to) before going with the upload process because a lot of the programs ultimately aren't going to take the unofficial ones. Processing the unofficial is less time consuming and problematic than trying to ensure your program gets an official one down the line and juggling all of that.

Edited by Allegro