Hello everyone! As you can tell I'm a newbie here. Hoping to make some new friends, learn, an share my thoughts an opinions. I'm glad I came across this site, from what I have seen everyone seems very friendly an there are many intelligent minds here.

Just a little about me. I love to learn, I'm always asking questions. I'm very friendly an never judge anyone. I'm 24 years old, work as a medical assistant in Pain Management. Plan on going back to college to become a Physicians Assistant, I would like to work in the ER someday. I love a good challenge, I try my best at everything I do. I also tend to always look at the positive side.

Also I have a few questions. I'm completely lost as to how I get started. I have picked a college but that's as far as I have gotten. What courses should I take? Is there a specific major/minor I should look into? Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

So please feel free to introduce yourselves, ask questions, or just be silly. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hello everyone! As you can tell I'm a newbie here. Hoping to make some new friends, learn, an share my thoughts an opinions. I'm glad I came across this site, from what I have seen everyone seems very friendly an there are many intelligent minds here.

Just a little about me. I love to learn, I'm always asking questions. I'm very friendly an never judge anyone. I'm 24 years old, work as a medical assistant in Pain Management. Plan on going back to college to become a Physicians Assistant, I would like to work in the ER someday. I love a good challenge, I try my best at everything I do. I also tend to always look at the positive side.

Also I have a few questions. I'm completely lost as to how I get started. I have picked a college but that's as far as I have gotten. What courses should I take? Is there a specific major/minor I should look into? Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

So please feel free to introduce yourselves, ask questions, or just be silly. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Start by learning that it's Physician Assistant, not Physicians or Physician's Assistant!

If you do a little research, getting started is pretty straight forward. You don't need a specific major. Go for what interests you. Me, I think doing some non-science major and taking science pre-requisites on top of that is just unnecessary extra work. Most school recommend that you take several upper level biology classes, and if you major in a biological science, they will be your degree requirements anyway. It's a win/win.

Required classes at most school are Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2, statistics, medical terminology, and psychology. Some require chemistry. Most recommend chemistry. Some even mention physics and more psychology classes.

Good luck!

Start by learning that it's Physician Assistant, not Physicians or Physician's Assistant!

If you do a little research, getting started is pretty straight forward. You don't need a specific major. Go for what interests you. Me, I think doing some non-science major and taking science pre-requisites on top of that is just unnecessary extra work. Most school recommend that you take several upper level biology classes, and if you major in a biological science, they will be your degree requirements anyway. It's a win/win.

Required classes at most school are Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2, statistics, medical terminology, and psychology. Some require chemistry. Most recommend chemistry. Some even mention physics and more psychology classes.

Good luck!

Oh I'm sorry everyone about the miss pronunciation. Guess I need a lot more research, but I know I either wanna be a PA or a surgical assistant.

But then again I'm not sure if I can handle surgery. Is there some way I can shadow something or anything to help me decide which path is right for me? I'm not even sure its possible to with all the risks that could happen with someone in the OR who's not suppose to be there. But if you know a way or anything that may help me choose , that would be a huge help. I'm at a lost!

Oh I'm sorry everyone about the miss pronunciation. Guess I need a lot more research, but I know I either wanna be a PA or a surgical assistant.

But then again I'm not sure if I can handle surgery. Is there some way I can shadow something or anything to help me decide which path is right for me? I'm not even sure its possible to with all the risks that could happen with someone in the OR who's not suppose to be there. But if you know a way or anything that may help me choose , that would be a huge help. I'm at a lost!

Archived