Submitting CASPA vs. Verification

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am just wondering how the process of submission and verification in CASPA goes. I submitted my application early on this cycle but I am still waiting for one transcript to be received to CASPA due to delays from COVID, therefore my application is unverified for now. How do schools go about reviewing applications? Do they review based on submission date, or do they go in order of the date when it was verified through CASPA? Or does consideration of any applications not begin until later on anyway, throughout the summer?

Thank you in advance for any insight!

From my understanding, schools will not review until verified. It actually might not even get sent to schools until CASPA verifies it, I believe CASPA verifies the app and then sends it through to the school. Schools wouldn't appreciate getting hundreds of apps with unverified education results lol

Then when the school reviews depends on the school. Some review as they get them and some have a specific dates. Usually you can see on past threads from the schools you  are applying to. You can see when people apply and how fast they get interviews or when the application review starts. Sometimes the schools website will have the info as well.

I look forward to other peoples input though, I am still learning 🙂

Edited by TylerV
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TylerV said:

From my understanding, schools will not review until verified. It actually might not even get sent to schools until CASPA verifies it, I believe CASPA verifies the app and then sends it through to the school. Schools wouldn't appreciated getting hundreds of apps with unverified education results lol

Then when the school reviews depends on the school. Some review as they get them and some have a specific dates. Usually you can see on past threads from the schools you  are applying to. You can see when people apply and how fast they get interviews or when the application review starts. Sometimes the schools website will have the info as well.

I look forward to other peoples input though, I am still learning 🙂

This is correct. Only verified applications will get screened by programs for an interview. And each programs varies when they begin the screening process for interviews. I agree the best advice is to look back on previous cycles forums to get an idea how long it takes from the time someone else submitted to hear back, especially if you submitted around the same time as the previous applicant. I wouldn’t say it’s 100% accurate but take a good start to get an estimate. 

I ordered mine early but I have been out of school and I was not waiting on grades to appear on transcripts. Some people have to wait due to that. 

I would get them early because you can start adding the classes to your CASPA and start having CASPA verify because it can take some time. One less thing to worry about completing when the time comes to submit. It took a little while for my school to send the transcripts and CASPA to verify...

I mean I even ordered mine last CASPA cycle even though I didn't apply, then i just transferred them to this cycle. Just so I didn't have to worry about it.

Edited by TylerV