Looking to Shadow in or near Portland Or

Hi,

I'm one step away from applying this year, but have hit a bummer of a problem - no clinics are allowing students to shadow in the Portland metro area due to the overwhelming volume of requests. PAShadow Online doesn't have anything either. There are half a dozen PA's listed but no availability. I even tried emailing the ones that had available contact info, and the email got sent back, saying the email is invalid!

Is there anyone out there? I've gone through HIPPA training. I volunteer at OHSU. I have experience as a PT Aide. I'm a really great person:smile:

Thank you.

-Allison

Hi,

I'm one step away from applying this year, but have hit a bummer of a problem - no clinics are allowing students to shadow in the Portland metro area due to the overwhelming volume of requests. PAShadow Online doesn't have anything either. There are half a dozen PA's listed but no availability. I even tried emailing the ones that had available contact info, and the email got sent back, saying the email is invalid!

Is there anyone out there? I've gone through HIPPA training. I volunteer at OHSU. I have experience as a PT Aide. I'm a really great person:smile:

Thank you.

-Allison

Hi,

Thank you.

-Allison

Good luck Allison. I wish I had a lead for you. I applied last year and thankfully was accepted with MD shadowing but no PA shadowing. I found it really difficult to find PAs to shadow in Portland. I worked at OHSU and knew several doctors and PAs and still couldn't find someone to shadow. I would suggest contacting smaller practices and asking if you could shadow their PAs. They seem to be more flexible about it and that is how a few friends of mine found someone to shadow. I really do wish you luck!!

Good luck Allison. I wish I had a lead for you. I applied last year and thankfully was accepted with MD shadowing but no PA shadowing. I found it really difficult to find PAs to shadow in Portland. I worked at OHSU and knew several doctors and PAs and still couldn't find someone to shadow. I would suggest contacting smaller practices and asking if you could shadow their PAs. They seem to be more flexible about it and that is how a few friends of mine found someone to shadow. I really do wish you luck!!

Thank you so much! It is nice (but unfortunate) to hear I'm not the only one having this problem. I've been rejected so many times, I'm starting to take it personally! I just called a PA in a smaller clinic down in southern Oregon where I grew up, so hopefully that leads somewhere!

Thank you so much! It is nice (but unfortunate) to hear I'm not the only one having this problem. I've been rejected so many times, I'm starting to take it personally! I just called a PA in a smaller clinic down in southern Oregon where I grew up, so hopefully that leads somewhere!

hello have you tried www.pashadowline.com it's a free website and there are two PA's in Portland that are taking students for shadowing. There are actually four, but two you can contact directly. Try clicking on the calendars for Alyssa Pace and Kathy McCann. You can click on their names (in gold letters) and email them directly to set up a shadow date. Good luck!

hello have you tried www.pashadowline.com it's a free website and there are two PA's in Portland that are taking students for shadowing. There are actually four, but two you can contact directly. Try clicking on the calendars for Alyssa Pace and Kathy McCann. You can click on their names (in gold letters) and email them directly to set up a shadow date. Good luck!

Archived