you should take them as material from the courses is on the exam.

If we are going to be considering this essentially a"board certification for pa's" in em then acls, atls, pals, and a difficult airway course are the min someone should have to take it. everyone I know who took the caq had these courses and many more.

If we are going to be considering this essentially a"board certification for pa's" in em then acls, atls, pals, and a difficult airway course are the min someone should have to take it. everyone I know who took the caq had these courses and many more.

I am signed up to take an ATLS and a difficult airway course. I had to tell my manager that I needed ATLS for CAQs because the course with my employer was "physician only." Thankfully, they changed it to allow PAs to take it with this info.

However, that lead to a discussion in our group as to whether these courses were mandatory.

I am signed up to take an ATLS and a difficult airway course. I had to tell my manager that I needed ATLS for CAQs because the course with my employer was "physician only." Thankfully, they changed it to allow PAs to take it with this info.

However, that lead to a discussion in our group as to whether these courses were mandatory.

at most em jobs they are "encouraged". at the better em jobs they are "required".

what I did as a student was to find a recruitment ad for what I thought was the best em job in the country at the time and model my cme after their requirements.

this included acls, atls, pals, and the difficult airway course.

if you want to really stand out also take fccs(critical care), apls(the physician level em peds course) and also(adv. life support in ob). an u/s course is good as well.

I get a lot of these for free at my home institution so that makes the process a lot easier.

at most em jobs they are "encouraged". at the better em jobs they are "required".

what I did as a student was to find a recruitment ad for what I thought was the best em job in the country at the time and model my cme after their requirements.

if you want to really stand out also take fccs(critical care), apls(the physician level em peds course) and also(adv. life support in ob). an u/s course is good as well.

I get a lot of these for free at my home institution so that makes the process a lot easier.

Archived