PRN hourly rate

Thanks for replying!

Its in rural NC. It will def be a good opportunity to develop some dif skills as they are not a trauma center and there will be an opportunity to manage those kinds of pts without a trauma team, ect. Currently at a larger trauma center with access to a lot of specialty services so a lot of the critical care stuff gets done upstairs instead of in the ED. I just didn't know what kind of hourly rate to expect since they aren't having to pay me any benefits.

In my experience rates vary so much regionally and even at the local level. For example there is a $30+/hr difference in pay from my full time job compared to a hospital 20 min down the road from us.

As a “newish” PA I wouldn’t turn down the opportunity For more experience and hey $9hr more does add up. The main benefit though could very easily be from networking.  Also never ever ever a bad idea to diversify in this bussiness! Like EMEDPA said most of us have multiple jobs  Personally, I have a full time clinical and teaching job and am also credentialed at 3 small solo coverage hospitals that I pick up shifts on the regular  

Botton line I’d say go far it and work your way up the pay scale...