Relocation expenses for NP but not PA

Hello fellow PAs! I have tried to ask around and got various answers but I figured asking a mass of similar providers might be in my best interest. Here’s my story:

I was hired by a large academic hospital on the west coast about 2.5yrs ago and continue to work here. Since arriving I have been merged into the NP group and we have now been deemed the APP group. Expectations for us are the exact same. After befriending multiple NPs who also moved cross country for this job I found out that they all had paid for trips including hotel and transportation for interviews as well as compensation for moving expenses to take this job. I asked for all of this when I was in the interviewing and hiring/negotiating phases to move cross country for this job and was denied every which way. I paid my own way for an interview, put myself up in a hotel, and used about $7500 of my own money to move here without a penny of relocation assistance. Multiple NPs have told me I should request some type of back pay compensation for this as it’s truly unfair. My hospital continuously treats PAs as second class citizens to NPs, and it’s super frustrating. I am unsure if it’s too late to ask for any type of compensation (most people owe this relocation expense back if they leave before 2yrs) or if I should ask for it and stand up for myself. I don’t exactly know how to if at all approach this and feel stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I’d say *list of people* have confirmed that they received this compensation. If you (the boss) thinks that PAs don’t deserve this compensation, please explain why. Won’t ask again with a logical reason. If they refuse, because there is nonlogical reason, I would start the job search, find a better offer, and either take it or use it as leverage to get more compensation. This company doesn’t seem like it’s looking out for you, so you need to. Just be nice and all business about it.

You are not likely going to get this reimbursed.

I would take a similar approach as above. Start the job search and when you find something promising give your current employer a chance to improve your situation and make your grievance at that point.

But seriously unless you love your job I would start looking elsewhere. It will feel good to stick it to em

Specifics you wish to share about how PA's are treated like second class citizens to NP's? Which institution?

I probably shouldn’t mention which hospital but a large academic children’s hospital in California. It seems like a common theme across California since nursing unions here are pretty strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk