11/16/19 Anchorage Interview

6 minutes ago, Soccercr said:

I also got the interview invite. I’m a reapplicant and have interviewed before so I’m happy to answer questions. I live in Anchorage so whenever the meet up is decided for I should be there! I look forward to meeting everyone.

That's great, I'd definitely like to meet up the day before on Friday (the 15th). I've just confirmed my interview, but I still haven't received the information packet. If you don't mind answering, what is the rundown of the day like/what can we expect? 

5 hours ago, CMO26 said:

That's great, I'd definitely like to meet up the day before on Friday (the 15th). I've just confirmed my interview, but I still haven't received the information packet. If you don't mind answering, what is the rundown of the day like/what can we expect? 

Terry Scott always starts with a welcome talk then introduces the interviewers. Then you’ll either have two interviews in the morning and one in the afternoon or one in the morning and two in the afternoon. When you’re not in the interviews they do different discussions one about the program and financial aid, there’s a Q&A with past students, during lunch current students come and eat with us and answer questions also and then there’s a group activity. Something fun where you have to work as a group to complete the task. Then they do a wrap up talk and send us on our way. You won’t get an information packet until you arrive at the interview. When you get there they will give you a packet with your interview schedule, a name tag and take a picture of you. Then there is a light breakfast and everyone goes into the room and settles in until they start the first talk.
The interviews have two interviewers and three potential students so it can definitely be an interesting dynamic but it’s nice if you find the others you’re interviewing with and chat with them a little before you go in so you all feel a little more comfortable with each other. 

• Like 3

Hello All,

I've started a facebook group to help plan for these kind of meet ups The group last year was pretty resourceful. I'm a second year reapplicant from Fairbanks. Just copy and paste the group name below and we can start from there. Hope this helps!

MEDEX Anchorage Class #12 Interview Session

• Like 2

Received an invite on Tuesday and confirmed my placement! Also received my information packet in the mail today. Would be interested in meeting up as well...I am also familiar with the Kaladi Brothers on Brayton Drive (used to be my high school go to spot), which would provide a nice place to talk as compared to a busy bar/restaurant on a Friday night. The room will likely need to be reserved? However, I believe there is a Facebook group that might be in the midst of organizing a meetup already?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! I interviewed in Seattle last week and they asked me if I would like to be accepted to the Anchorage campus since I am from Fairbanks! Of course I said yes. I started a FB group for our class so we can get to know each other. Looking forward to meeting you all!

FB GROUP: University of Washington MEDEX PA Program - Anchorage class start 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 11/8/2019 at 7:34 PM, DanielleBohan said:

Hi everyone!! I interviewed in Seattle last week and they asked me if I would like to be accepted to the Anchorage campus since I am from Fairbanks! Of course I said yes. I started a FB group for our class so we can get to know each other. Looking forward to meeting you all!

FB GROUP: University of Washington MEDEX PA Program - Anchorage class start 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same happened to me as well! I interviewed in Seattle on 9/26 and they placed me in Anchorage since I am from Soldotna.

Edited by meganbauder