Looking for preceptors around Central Texas (Austin area)

Hey!

I'm a PA-S1 studying in Indianapolis at Butler University but I'm born and raised from Austin, Texas and would love to do a rotation back home (or at the very least in Texas). I'm looking for any and all preceptors that would have me for a rotation. I'm open to any specialty as long as I can make connections. Unfortunately, my program doesn't have any rotations available in Austin but we do have a clinical experience coordinator who can take of the agreements between the program and the preceptor. If you know anyone who possibly has a lead I would greatly appreciate the help!

Regards,

Johan

• 1 year later...

Nothing that led to anything definite unfortunately. I reached out to hospital systems around Austin, San Antonio, and Houston but all of them said they only took students from schools that they already had affiliation agreements with. Maybe check in with the Central Texas PA Society on FB. They posted a few months back about setting up a database of preceptors in Central Texas willing to take on students but they haven't mentioned anything about it since. I was able to get a rotation in Houston at MD Anderson but I believe any PA student can as long as long they accept your application. Best of luck on your search and with the rest of school!

https://www.facebook.com/centraltexaspasociety

• 2 months later...