Pfeiffer University 2019-2020 cycle

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, LaurenMcGee said:

Hello all!

I started this forum to hopefully connect with everyone applying to Pfeiffer this cycle! I wanted to see if anyone who has applied so far has received an interview invite? I received one the other day pending their accreditation meeting. 😀

Hey Lauren!

I think I also received an invitation for an interview back in august but I didn't know if it was sent out to all that applied but I was curious what your email said!

9 hours ago, hunterrogers17 said:

I’m at 6pm! I wonder what questions they will ask and what all we will be doing and how many of us will be in each interview!

That's interesting! My other interviews had components where we were in groups and components where we were alone. This sounds like a long interview where you are alone with a panel. At one we had to write a timed extemporaneous essay by hand (and I write very slowly by hand). Won't miss that. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

My interview was about an hour long and was led by the program director, the clinical coordinator, and the medical director. I also got to speak with two other members of the faculty and ask any questions I had about the program. I know that there were 6 candidates the day I interviewed, and at least 2-3 days of interviews this round. I was offered a seat three days later via email, with one week to accept or decline. 

I got a really good feeling from the program, which has been developed over the past 4 years. The faculty I met were friendly, passionate, and had decades of experience. After the first semester at the main campus, the program (and the Occupational Therapy program) will move to the new Health Sciences building 20 minutes away. It will feature a full cadaver lab (not a digital simulation table) and several classrooms and simulation bays with high-fidelity medical models. 

The first class is slated to seat 25, increasing by 10 students until the class is capped the third year at 45. The program is heavily geared toward providers who want to work in underprivileged areas/populations. 

Good luck to everyone who applied!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:13 PM, McMushroom said:

My interview was about an hour long and was led by the program director, the clinical coordinator, and the medical director. I also got to speak with two other members of the faculty and ask any questions I had about the program. I know that there were 6 candidates the day I interviewed, and at least 2-3 days of interviews this round. I was offered a seat three days later via email, with one week to accept or decline. 

I got a really good feeling from the program, which has been developed over the past 4 years. The faculty I met were friendly, passionate, and had decades of experience. After the first semester at the main campus, the program (and the Occupational Therapy program) will move to the new Health Sciences building 20 minutes away. It will feature a full cadaver lab (not a digital simulation table) and several classrooms and simulation bays with high-fidelity medical models. 

The first class is slated to seat 25, increasing by 10 students until the class is capped the third year at 45. The program is heavily geared toward providers who want to work in underprivileged areas/populations. 

Good luck to everyone who applied!

I received my acceptance and offer for a seat in the program this past Friday!  This is a very exciting time 🙂  Waiting on next steps...

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I was also offered a seat as of last week. 

I had a great experience at my interview and had a similar experience as McMushroom. The program seems to be very well developed and the professors seem just as  passionate. 

Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck all other applicants! This is my second round applying so hang in there and your time will come 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I just got connected to this site, but I have accepted a seat for the first class starting in January as well! I actually do not have a Facebook and I may make one just to be able to connect with you guys, but it might be a good idea to create a GroupMe or something along those lines. If anyone else agrees I would be more than happy to start one! I am also interested in living arrangements with a roommate if anyone else needs one, please feel free to message me. Super excited to be joining all of you! 😃

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 1:12 PM, MarisaCook said:

Hey everyone!

I just got connected to this site, but I have accepted a seat for the first class starting in January as well! I actually do not have a Facebook and I may make one just to be able to connect with you guys, but it might be a good idea to create a GroupMe or something along those lines. If anyone else agrees I would be more than happy to start one! I am also interested in living arrangements with a roommate if anyone else needs one, please feel free to message me. Super excited to be joining all of you! 😃

Congratulation on your acceptance. I was wondering if there were other students accepted and planning on attending as well or that was all of us.

• 7 months later...