2019-2020 Application Cycle

42 minutes ago, AmirKasem said:

Nope nothing yet , we should hear soon I think ! When I called they said by the first or second week of January ! 

I called this afternoon and I was told that they were going through a move and that might have caused the delay, but she said I should find out by next week! 🤞

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sdebar said:

Me too. Everyone time someone posts in the group I think they heard back and I get nervous because I haven’t emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh sorry! That's my fault, because i'm constantly posting on this page 😂🤣 I just got my mail today and STILL nothing . . . 

2 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Received the letter today that I have been accepted into the accelerated 3 year program at D’Youville!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting on a response! 

Congratulations!!! 🥳 

Would you mind sharing what was stated in your letter/package? Did they tell you which credits they accepted and which courses you would need to take?

Did they ask you to register for any events(orientation day) on the portal or did they give you a new login to use?!

17 minutes ago, admatos said:

Congratulations!!! 🥳 

Would you mind sharing what was stated in your letter/package? Did they tell you which credits they accepted and which courses you would need to take?

Did they ask you to register for any events(orientation day) on the portal or did they give you a new login to use?!

They gave me my scheduled graduating term which is 2023, they do give you a list of credits accepted but to be honest it was a lot of coding and abbreviations so it’s a little confusing to figure out exactly which courses are accepted and which aren’t. They provide you with an advisor so I’ll be calling tomorrow to discuss that stuff. Then they just mentioned the non refundable security deposit and once you send the deposit they give you further instructions! They gave me a new ID and instructions on logging in. 

• Like 2

They gave me my scheduled graduating term which is 2023, they do give you a list of credits accepted but to be honest it was a lot of coding and abbreviations so it’s a little confusing to figure out exactly which courses are accepted and which aren’t. They provide you with an advisor so I’ll be calling tomorrow to discuss that stuff. Then they just mentioned the non refundable security deposit and once you send the deposit they give you further instructions! They gave me a new ID and instructions on logging in. 

Congrats!! I interviewed the 9th so I’m hoping to hear soon [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Thanks for the info!

Did you ask to be put on the accelerated list or did they automatically put you on that list?

When is your start date?! This year right?!

Congrats again!!!

Edited by admatos

Didn’t ask! When I applied, I applied with my Bachelors degree and a ton of patient care hours because I’ve been working in the medical field for 3 years now so I think they assumed that I was to be considered for the transfer/accelerated program, being that I’ve already taken almost all of the courses that they have in their curriculum (excluding the actual PA didactic curriculum obviously). And yes, start date is Fall 2020, not sure of specifics yet! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Didn’t ask! When I applied, I applied with my Bachelors degree and a ton of patient care hours because I’ve been working in the medical field for 3 years now so I think they assumed that I was to be considered for the transfer/accelerated program, being that I’ve already taken almost all of the courses that they have in their curriculum (excluding the actual PA didactic curriculum obviously). And yes, start date is Fall 2020, not sure of specifics yet! 

Yay!! That's so exciting! I applied as a "transfer" student because I already have my Bachelors degree as well and when I called before my interview, they said that you can try to get on the accelerated list, but it's not promised. The only thing that they could promise was a 2022 start date for the PA portion of the program. So that's really good that you were able to get a seat to start for this Fall!! 

On 1/13/2020 at 8:06 PM, Plsaccept said:

I got in! I thought my interview went really poorly, but alas! The transfer transcript is hard to decode, but despite having my BS I’m still stuck for 4.5 yrs. 

What year does it say for 'scheduled grad term' in the upper right hand corner of your acceptance letter?

Just got my acceptance letter , super excited . I interviewed nov 9th and just got it in the mail yesterday but came home today ! It was sent out the 17th so have faith the letters are out there . 2 werid things I don’t have a credit transfer list and it says I’m scheduled to graduate fall of 2024 ? That doesn’t seem right for a transfer student 

On 1/19/2020 at 12:00 PM, AmirKasem said:

Just got my acceptance letter , super excited . I interviewed nov 9th and just got it in the mail yesterday but came home today ! It was sent out the 17th so have faith the letters are out there . 2 werid things I don’t have a credit transfer list and it says I’m scheduled to graduate fall of 2024 ? That doesn’t seem right for a transfer student 

Just out of curiosity how long did they give you to put down a deposit before you lose your seat?