Mississippi State University 2019-2020

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mave6 said:

I interviewed yesterday and thought it went really well! Plan on being recorded though.

I also found out that they won't send out acceptances until after their accreditation meeting in September. 

Glad to hear that it went well!

The email said it was a paneled interview. Were you interviewed by multiple people during each 30 min segment or did they format it another way? And, did they ask any questions that tripped you up or were the "creative" type of questions? Not asking for specifics necessarily, but this is my first interview and I am not sure what to expect. 

Good luck! 

10 minutes ago, hes118 said:

Glad to hear that it went well!

The email said it was a paneled interview. Were you interviewed by multiple people during each 30 min segment or did they format it another way? And, did they ask any questions that tripped you up or were the "creative" type of questions? Not asking for specifics necessarily, but this is my first interview and I am not sure what to expect. 

Good luck! 

It was 3 different interviews with 3-4 panel members sitting around a conference table with..I’m assuming..our video on a big screen. There were faculty members and outside providers from the community present and asking questions. I was not tripped up by any of them. There were some get to know you questions and some what would you do questions. All very straight forward!

If you watch the videos they sent out before hand there are categories listed of possible questions and what they’re looking for in a student..I found it super helpful when preparing for the interview! Hope that helps! 

4 minutes ago, mave6 said:

It was 3 different interviews with 3-4 panel members sitting around a conference table with..I’m assuming..our video on a big screen. There were faculty members and outside providers from the community present and asking questions. I was not tripped up by any of them. There were some get to know you questions and some what would you do questions. All very straight forward!

If you watch the videos they sent out before hand there are categories listed of possible questions and what they’re looking for in a student..I found it super helpful when preparing for the interview! Hope that helps! 

Thanks so much! 

17 hours ago, Kelly2020 said:

Does anyone know how many candidates they interviewed this cycle?

I was thinking about that, well they interviewed 5 days, and the time for a single person was 2hrs, so I'm guessing they did 4 interviews per day (8-5). Now  I might be wrong, but if I'm not they only interviewed 20. I'm just saying this cause I remember the way the set up the interview appointments.

Edited by karenkeith
  • Like 1