Indian Health Service Scholars

• 4 weeks later...

Well, so far I have had a great experience with this scholarship. They are paying tuition and I get a stipend every month to pay for living expenses. They include money for books and other expenses as well. I know they take out taxes for the stipend but not for the state. So, i'm sure I will have to pay a little back in taxes for that. Overall though, I think it is well worth all the support I am getting from them. If you are considering applying for this scholarship or you haven't looked into it you should!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/31/2019 at 2:26 PM, AT2PhysicianAssistant said:

Well, so far I have had a great experience with this scholarship. They are paying tuition and I get a stipend every month to pay for living expenses. They include money for books and other expenses as well. I know they take out taxes for the stipend but not for the state. So, i'm sure I will have to pay a little back in taxes for that. Overall though, I think it is well worth all the support I am getting from them. If you are considering applying for this scholarship or you haven't looked into it you should!

Do you apply for this scholarship before you begin school or after graduating and before starting your first job? I am starting school this summer and am interested in applying for this scholarship/loan reimbursement. 

On 2/6/2020 at 3:45 PM, jaseyrae said:

Do you apply for this scholarship before you begin school or after graduating and before starting your first job? I am starting school this summer and am interested in applying for this scholarship/loan reimbursement. 

I think you can do either. If you apply after school then you don't get the stipend. So, really you get more out of it if you apply before school. I applied for it the summer I started. They didn't pay for my first summer semester but started in the fall. Let me know if you have any other questions. And congrats on starting school!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...