OTP or FPA Department Veterans Affairs

On 7/26/2019 at 5:11 PM, Reality Check 2 said:

I work for the VA and pretty much operate autonomously. 

No one here has talked OTP.  For me personally, OTP is not an issue here in regard to my function.

It is a good place for me but not for everyone and not for new grads.

If I were ever in the private sector again, OTP would be a major concern and need.

It seams to me VAMC PA’s would be in a great position to promote  OTP nationally,. But why care if it doesn’t impact you.

Also, , It is the person and how they can work with the Vets of today, much different than 20 years ago with claims skyrocketing compared to Older vets. Yes experience would be best, but that is true in any environment.

I have completed occasional contract work, but am not a VAMC employee. I do  come from large family that has served in every branch of military, myself included, family/friends employed(not as PA’s) and family as patients. Great experience with several docs, couple outstanding PAs, even fairly new, very conventions, grads. However, one “provider” who  said how great  they were because had worked for years on floor before becoming provider, yet over looked, repeatedly, simple issues and provided dangerous prescriptions, thankfully caught by pharmacy.

i want experienced and inexperienced PA’s in the VAMC for a long time to come. Was  hoping you all, as a group would continue help the future of your profession,.