Start PA house call service in Georgia

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kevin Lane I am begining a new house call service in the dekalb and gwinnett county regions (eastside of metro atlanta). My biggest problem seems to be the insurance companies with reimbursement, especially medicare. Does anyone have any opinions on how to deal with this problem??? Another is the sponsoring physician. I have been working with a physician who is willing to view my charts but as time goes on I know I will need someone full time. I need to know what is a fair price for chart review

Kevin :sweat:

doing same thing

have to have a Doc PIN to bill medicare - our pin gets placed in some box in addition to Doc's

Medicare requires that one percent of corp is owned by someone besides you

In my state their is state law that prevents the corporate practice of medicine - therefor have to be a PC and therefor the 1% needs to be owned by an NP or MD/DO (big pain)

PM me for more details

• 2 weeks later...

I will have to start my paperwork over again. I will have to submit the information with my supervising MD, for medicare. Also, United Health Care, Blue Cross, and Kaiser will be the same. The only stipulation of a PA owned practice is a MD must own atleast 1% of the practice. So I will offer my supervising MD 1% of the company and will offer 10% for each chart he reviews and 20% of the bill for each patient he consults via skype or Tango (semi annual evals).

Kevin

10% for all charts?? of just the one's her reviews? how do you track that?

I did a flat 5% of gross to the 1% doc owner - easy and simple

I also might branch out into just things like sick call or a little occ health so it makes it easy on him as he just gets a flat 5% (and I will cover his practice when he is on vacation)

oh yeah, and don't forget that he can bill for "care plan oversight"

got all papers back from ATTY - will hand over to him and hope he doesn't have any questions....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Does anyone have advice for easing the approval process with Medicare. My medicaid process was a short 45 adventure but medicare is taking consideribly longer!!!!!

don't bother with medicaid -at least in my area the rates are horrible!

CPO - care plan oversite - look up G0181 for a code and follow that (you doc can bill for G0179 and G0180 bu these are restricted to MD/DO till the law changes)

Medicare just takes time...... 3-6 months.... I feel your pain - not a single employer credentialed me with medicare as an individual over the past 10 years and almost 10 jobs (mostly per diem and part time) so now i am waiting on the group to get formed in medicare, and at the same time I have an individual credentialing packet submitted to medicare - then once I get both these back I have to re apply to become a provider for the group (and another delay of months...)

I am counting on a 6 month process......... not at all easy...

• 4 months later...
Hello Jeff,

I would like to ask now that I have a medicare number, how will the bill be completed? Do I fill out an EFT or does it have to go into the doc's account and then transferred to me?

Thanks

Kevin:;-D:

I would hire a billing company - I pay 5.5% of receipts and they do all the billing and collections

with the billing regs always changing, ICD-10 and 5010 regulations (think that is the #) there was no way I wanted to take on that in addition to getting a new business up and running.....

i hired Billing Advantage in MASS - Rick and Kathi are great....

Archived