What are some schools that view an applicant as a holistic perspective?

53 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

I’m not really sure what you mean. The schools I know look at all of you. Are you really looking for one that will overlook a deficiency in one area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes i am. There are some schools that see if you don’t have a certain GRE score they don’t look at you. Or some schools notice your gpa is low and don’t take into account lots of patient care and well rounded individual 

To a degree, I suspect most schools look at the whole applicant. On the other hand, they get lots of applications and likely set some minimums at review time. Imagine sanely going through 800+ applications while your faculty is trying to teach the in-house students.

So being on the low end of what's acceptable could get you looked at, especially if you have an excess of very good PCE. On the other hand, people who look good across the board could push you aside early in the process.

In the end, you are who you are and your record is what it is. Unless you apply, you won't find out how you would do. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

And use whatever time you have to make yourself look as good as you can.

Best wishes.

Every program has some kind of screening process and frankly they don't usually make those public.  Some of the top schools get thousands of applicants each year.  They just physically can't review an entire application for everyone before deciding if they should be looked at more closely and/or interviewed.

Your best bet is to be honest with yourself about what your deficiencies are (or alternatively your strengths) and search for schools that way.  The only way to do it is to put in the leg work and start checking program websites.

Archived