I have written my personal statement and mentioned that I am bilingual in English and Spanish. My native language is English, but I have taken 10 years of Spanish courses and would consider myself pretty fluent (I use my Spanish daily with patients in an inpatient setting). Has anyone who has had past interviews, and is bilingual, been given an interview question in their second language? This could just be pre-application anxiety, but I see myself potentially walking into an interview already a nervous disaster and then just totally blowing it if they asked me a question in Spanish that I didn't quite understand. Thanks in advance!

I have several friends who applied to medical schools with "bilingual in spanish" on their applications and they were asked several questions in the interview in spanish. I would hesitate to put "completely bilingual" (maybe say conversational?) if you don't think you could handle a question of that sort. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jenmchad
      How long does it usually take after receiving your interview invitation for confirmation of date and time/getting supplemental application?
    • By StephanieO
      Thanks for taking the time to read this ! So I graduated from university with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and a science gpa of 2.85. I’ve been working full time as a patient care tech at a hospital to get my hours (so far I have around 1500) and volunteering as well. At this point, I understand that my stats are no where near competitive enough to get me into PA school, and retaking courses might be the better option. However, a few courses won’t raise my gpa. Would it make sense to do an accelerated bsn program instead ? It would be a significantly larger amount of credits, and I would at least have a job to fall back on, or even a second option (np school) if I don’t get into PA school. The only downside is the cost of the accelerated bsn program. However, if I work for a year, I should be able to pay it off and get a more “robust “ PCE. 
    • By AhuvaGross21
      Hi guys!
      I recently graduated and I am working on my CASPA application. I am super nervous about my personal statement.
      I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some tips/ pointers on how to format it, what to include, and what to omit.
      I frequently second guess myself, so any opinions would be helpful.
      I really appreciate any help.
      Send me a pm if possible! 
      Thank you,
      Ahuva
    • By Majesticu
      Hey guys,
      I'm currently considering applying next year and was wondering if anyone could share their stats for getting into nova or any other school in florida, especially how many pce hours, since they don't seem to require it but I'm not sure how many most applicants have.
    • By Marcelih
      Hello everyone,
      I have an interview this week at Campbell University (NC), and this will be my first PA interview. What advice would give for PA interviews? Should we be familiar in some ethical issues in the medical field? Commonly asked questions?
      Thanks!
      MH

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More