Sign in to follow this  

I have written my personal statement and mentioned that I am bilingual in English and Spanish. My native language is English, but I have taken 10 years of Spanish courses and would consider myself pretty fluent (I use my Spanish daily with patients in an inpatient setting). Has anyone who has had past interviews, and is bilingual, been given an interview question in their second language? This could just be pre-application anxiety, but I see myself potentially walking into an interview already a nervous disaster and then just totally blowing it if they asked me a question in Spanish that I didn't quite understand. Thanks in advance!

I have several friends who applied to medical schools with "bilingual in spanish" on their applications and they were asked several questions in the interview in spanish. I would hesitate to put "completely bilingual" (maybe say conversational?) if you don't think you could handle a question of that sort. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By copticmare
      I've been genuinely curious about this, what's the latest time an applicant has received an interview invite? I feel a little crazy refreshing my emails so late at night but I don't want to miss any. Also, has anyone received an invite over the weekend before? My anxiety has me checking all day every day.
    • By copticmare
      Has anyone had any interview experience with schools asking applicants questions from subjects they took most recently to that date? Almost like a quiz or comprehension of the recent course? Wondering because I feel like I wouldn't be able to recall any academic material under that much pressure. TIA! 
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By jjr731
      I know this is annoying and probably not healthy for me to be doing, but has anyone received an interview? In the email that notified me that they received my application, it said interview invitations are sent July-October...since it's near the end of July, I was wondering if anyone has received an interview invitation? 
      Sincerely,
      An anxious applicant 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More