Does this count as PCE?

I have several interviews this week in the behavioral health field and was hoping this would count as patient experience since I would not need to get a certification since my B.S in psychology qualifies me as one. The repsonsibilities for the jobs I applied to are; helping therapists create treament plans and implementing these plans with patients, monitoring patient's progress, recording patient behavior, and ensuring patient safety. The places I am interviewing at include a school for children with behavioral disorders, a treatment center for children with behvaioral and substance issues, and a treatment center for adults. 

I also have an interview as a clinical care coordinator but based on the description I think this leans more towards social work which I dont think is PCE? The job includes managing cases for young children with behavioral disorders and working with their families to ensure their progress and conduct assessments of the children as well as their families.

I did email the schools I plan on applying to asking this question but have yet to hear back so I wanted to ask the question here to get a better idea before my interviews this week! Also most schools I plan on applying to next year only recommend PCE so I wasn't sure if this was affected by type of experience also. 

I feel the first job description sounds like it could qualify as PCE. What's the job title? Obviously hearing from the schools themselves will be your best answer. Additionally a position like the one you described will probably not be considered high quality PCE so you will need a high GPA/GRE to balance your application. Go to the interviews, see what positions you are offered, and then work from there. Getting another job is often easier when you have a job.

Archived