2 Acceptances, Can’t Decide!!

I’ve been accepted to MCPHS Boston and Elon University. They are very different and I’m having such a hard time deciding. 

MCPHS:

-100 students 

-30 months 

-start September 2019

-anatomy at Harvard Medical School in Boston 

-Cost: $132,000 

Elon

-38 students

-24 months

-start January 2020 (seems so far away)

-central North Carolina 

-Cost: $90,000

Any input/options about either programs is greatly appreciated!!

7 minutes ago, Ragtag42 said:

I’ve been accepted to MCPHS Boston and Elon University. They are very different and I’m having such a hard time deciding. 

MCPHS:

-100 students 

-30 months 

-start September 2019

-anatomy at Harvard Medical School in Boston 

-Cost: $132,000 

Elon

-38 students

-24 months

-start January 2020 (seems so far away)

-central North Carolina 

-Cost: $90,000

Any input/options about either programs is greatly appreciated!!

You do realize that, even with the 4 month delay in starting at Elon, you'd still be done 2 months ahead of Boston? 

4 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

You do realize that, even with the 4 month delay in starting at Elon, you'd still be done 2 months ahead of Boston? 

Yes! This is my 3rd round of applying so the thought of waiting another year drives me nuts. I definitely won’t base my decision on it though

COST COST COST.  Plus as already pointed out you'd still finish earlier with Elon.  And if I'm not mistaken (if your 'cost' is just tuition), Elon is in NC and likely much cheaper living situation than Boston.

Did I mention cost? And loan repayment?  But also cost?  And you could work 4 extra months to save up money.  Do you see a trend here?

Unless you absolutely want to be practicing in Boston...that's the only compelling point.

Archived