Volunteer at animal shelter

Is it safe to assume that volunteering at an animal shelter probably doesn’t count as “serving underserved communities”?

I understand that PAs serve humans and not animals, but it’s still apart of my community and by helping out the shelter in general and helping animals get adopted to a safe and happy home can be seen as contributing to the heath and moral of my community.

I also have volunteer hours at the local hospital and a few other locations. 

Has anyone else put animal shelters down in their application? 

Thank you,

Emily

Is it safe to assume that volunteering at an animal shelter probably doesn’t count as “serving underserved communities”?
I understand that PAs serve humans and not animals, but it’s still apart of my community and by helping out the shelter in general and helping animals get adopted to a safe and happy home can be seen as contributing to the heath and moral of my community.
I also have volunteer hours at the local hospital and a few other locations. 
Has anyone else put animal shelters down in their application? 

Thank you,
Emily
Safe to assume!

It should count as a volunteer activity, however.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Guest HopeToBePAC

Won't count as serving underserved communities but will count for regular volunteer hours. Volunteering can be for anything, doesn't even need to be medical related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Archived