General Application Questions

I'm applying for the first time this cycle but have two questions:

1. I have over a 3.5 GPA but got a C+ in Statistics. Some programs require a B or higher for pre reqs. If i meet the GPA requirements (for science and overall) but not the letter grade requirement, does that mean I shouldn't apply to those programs? If it matters, I also passed the IB-level statistics exam in high school

2. Would an unpaid internship in cardiac rehab be considered patient care experience, healthcare experience, or volunteer experience? I was directly involved with patients but it was required for my undergraduate degree.

Thanks! 

1. You typically need to meet the gpa minimum and the letter grade minimum. If stats is a prereq and you need a B then don’t apply to those schools or retake it.

2. This is school dependent but generally if you physically touched and care for the patient then it is PCE. If you didn’t touch the patient, scribing for example then this typically falls under HCE.

if there is any doubt reach out to the schools and make sure it counts and what they would consider it.

Guest HopeToBePAC

1. If the program requires a B or higher for a certain pre-requisite, you NEED a B or higher. They will not accept the C+, or at least I'd be surprised if they did. 

2. This won't count as PCE. One, it was unpaid, and USUALLY unpaid does not suffice as PCE. Two, it was required for your undergraduate degree, and thus this type of experience is again, USUALLY never accepted. 

*Check with individual schools (try their websites first). Some schools make exceptions, others don't* 

Archived