Your reasons for choosing PA over MD?

Obviously, this is a decision that everyone has to make for themselves but right now I'm a second year in college and need to decide which path to take. Im just looking for people to give the sole reason they chose one over the other. I like both and think I would be happy in both but since I'm young Im not sure if i should just spend the extra years to be the doctor. Please let me know your reasons, especially if you went to PA school right out of undergrad.

Guest HopeToBePAC

Well, I plan to get into PA school right out of undergrad, but I don't have a sole reason of choosing PA over MD. I found out about the PA career as a freshman in college, did research on the career, shadowed a few PAs, and loved their job. You should shadow a PA and MD. That should help you decide. I know how people say this career path isn't really for younger people, but if this is really what you want, then age doesn't matter. 

Archived