Canceling PA Interview

Let me start off by saying that I am very thankful for every interview I got offered and hope this post doesn’t sound conceded. I was offered a spot at my top choice PA program today, but I still have 3 other interviews that would each require 10 hour drives. I know that I would not attend these schools due to my 1st choice admission and the distance from my current home that I would have to travel for the remaining schools. I was wondering how to cancel these interviews and is it wrong/ selfish to do so? I just don’t want to waste their time or mine when I know I won’t be attending.

This happens all the time. Just send an email. And do it immediately so that someone else can have the opportunity to make arrangements to attend.

Tell them that you’ve been accepted at another program and while you appreciate the opportunity, you will be declining the interview offer. Thank them for their time and consideration.

If youare really certain, then politely cancel. It will keep people — including you — from wasting their time and open up slots for others.

That said, I ended up going to a school after I had been accepted by another and paid two deposits when I learned it would be a better place for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with the posters above. If you don't think you'd be interested in attending the other schools, I would definitely cancel your interviews. And this is coming from someone who has been pulled off "interview waitlists" twice! You can possibly open up a seat for another applicant to interview and then possibly gain admittance! Best of luck to you!

Archived