PA positions in nothern California

I am PA student in Ohio. I am about to be graduated and I am planning to move to California. However; I am worry about the job market and the cost of living in California. I will be appreciative if any PA in California can provide me with some advises before I make I make my final decision.

Thank you!

MH, Ohio

I am PA student in Ohio. I am about to be graduated and I am planning to move to California. However; I am worry about the job market and the cost of living in California. I will be appreciative if any PA in California can provide me with some advises before I make I make my final decision.

Thank you!

MH, Ohio

What kind of job are you looking for?

I am looking for Neurology or Hematology

I recommend that you check out these Academic Health Centers: UC San Francisco, UC Davis, Stanford, UC Los Angeles, USC, UC San Diego, and Loma Linda. Submit a CV to all the Clinical faculty in the specialty you are interested. You might also want to check out if Cedars Siani in LA is hiring in Neuro. Childrens Hospital in LA for Hematology and Childrens Hospital in Fresno for Neuro (There may be only neuro surg available. They tend to go thru a lot of PAs so make sure its a good fit for you). City of Hope in SoCal also has a history of hiring PAs in Heam/Onc so you might check them out. Hope this helps. Good luck in your future PA-C endeavors. LesH

You are right to worry about the cost of living in California, unless you want to live in more rural places. The central valley has lots of opportunities and it's not very expensive there... but for a reason. If you are looking to move the the Bay Area (San Francisco and surrounding areas) you might have to live far away from your job. From my experience, Northern Ca is not very PA savvy and I know lots of PAs who make measly salaries. If you want more detailed info then send me a private message. Just remember that I am an older, crusty PA who has been practicing in the Bay Area for 12 years.

Archived