Sign in to follow this  
riversong

Anyone know a PA near Albany, NY??

I'm having a hard time finding PAs to shadow, I was only able to one so far. I'm a Bio B.S grad of UAlbany and currently work as a PCT at Albany Med. I have tried both AMC and SPH but no luck.  I have called a lot of clinics not affiliated with AMC or SPH too. (AMC called me back and told me to stop cold calling their clinics ? and no luck with SPH) and they have either given me the run around or told me "no" due to HIIPPA or that their PAs don't want the extra responsibility of a shadow.  

Does anyone one know a PA in the area. It seems that the only way to convince a PA for shadow is to have some connections. Cold calling is not working. 

I would really appreciate any advice!!  Feel free to DM me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mackenzietejo
      Hello everyone,
      I am a 3rd year neuroscience, with a minor in psychology, Pre-PA student hoping to shadow a PA in any specialty! I am willing to travel to any part in South Florida. My email is mtejo2016@fau.edu 
    • By DrewthePA
      Hello all San Diego PA's!
      I'm looking to shadow a Physician Assistant of any specialty here in San Diego County/Temecula area . I am studying pre-PA coursework at a local college for pre requisites and have been an EMT in San Diego for 8 months.I am professional, passionate about medicine, and inquisitive. I would be very grateful for any opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to reading my post.

• By ChicagoPrePA
      Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck finding a PA to shadow? Any information would be appreciated! Thank you ?
    • By Reskee
      I'm looking to shadow a PA in Northeast Ohio that would be willing to also write me a recommendation afterwards. I'm feeling like I'm between a rock and a hard place because my CAPSA is verified, but I have been having the hardest time with this requirement. I applied to shadow through the local hospital and have not gotten a response and they don't allow you to reach out to the PAs personally. 
      I know what a PA does, i've been seeing PAs since I was 15. This is just the technicality I need to complete. Help would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks in advance
    • By Kavitar27
      Hello, I am a student doing my bachelor's and was wondering if there are any PA in Long Island -preferably in Northwell or Winthrop hospital - that are willing to take a shadow on. I am trying to get my shadowing hours complete before starting CASPA. Thank You! 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More