Anchorage Cohort Interviews 2018

On 10/9/2018 at 2:54 PM, AKJustinS said:

Good Luck Everyone, if anyone has any general questions please let me know! I will be applying in a few years but my wife is Anchroage Class 8 and just graduated and I can ask her any specific questions. 

Thanks so much for your support!! Good luck in your PA journey. ?

12 minutes ago, FbxMA2010 said:

Received an invitation to interview this morning for Nov 17th.  Hopefully others in this thread will receive a response as well. I am wishing everyone else the best of luck.

Congratulation! So exciting! Good luck and hopefully I will see you there. 

3 hours ago, akmclaughlin said:

I just received my invitation this morning. I live here in Anchorage, so if anyone wants to meet up before hand just let me know.

Hi akmclaughlin

I live on the southside and will be available the entire week before to meet up, feel free to email me at spin0068@gmail .com.....that goes for anyone else as well.

Lisa

8 minutes ago, LisaS said:

Hi akmclaughlin

I live on the southside and will be available the entire week before to meet up, feel free to email me at spin0068@gmail .com.....that goes for anyone else as well.

Lisa

I will shoot you an email. I will also be available the entire week prior to the interview. I spoke with FBxMA2010 and he is going to be flying in Friday and would like to meet up the night of the 16th. We can always meet up prior to if you want as well. 

2 hours ago, pnwpabound said:

Hello everyone! I received an interview invite this AM for 11/17 and I am so excited! Can't wait to meet you guys ? I am flying in from Oregon and would love to meet up with whoever is interested the night before on the 16th. 

Congrats!!! There is a small group of us so far working on finding a place in Anchorage for the 16th. Me and Lisa live in Anchorage locally so give her or me a shout out if you have any questions or preferences. 

3 hours ago, pnwpabound said:

Hello everyone! I received an interview invite this AM for 11/17 and I am so excited! Can't wait to meet you guys ? I am flying in from Oregon and would love to meet up with whoever is interested the night before on the 16th. 

Hi pnw...

Congratulations!! Where in OR do you live? Jennifer (akmc...) and I were hoping we could add more people to our meet up group. I am going to start a FB group for Anchorage Class11 Interviewees so we can get to know each other and collaborate. I think it will make the meet up planning easier as well. 

Shoot me your email address and I'll send you an invite. 

Congrats again, see you in a month....and let us know if you have any question about lodging or other Anchorage travel info. 

Lisa

3 hours ago, pnwpabound said:

Hi pnw...

Congratulations!! Where in OR do you live? Jennifer (akmc...) and I were hoping we could add more people to our meet up group. I am going to start a FB group for Anchorage Class11 Interviewees so we can get to know each other and collaborate. I think it will make the meet up planning easier as well. 

Shoot me your email address and I'll send you an invite. 

Congrats again, see you in a month....and let us know if you have any question about lodging or other Anchorage travel info. 

Lisa

Ok all... I started a Facebook group called "MEDEX Anchorage Class 11 Hopefuls." The cover photo for the group is the picture below of the UAA Health Science building where interviews will be held. 

Please join and I'm am happy to share moderating duties with anyone who is willing. I just want us to have a convienient place to get aquainted and plan for meet ups over the next month.

HSB-02.jpg

3 hours ago, AKNative said:

Congrats to everybody that received an invite! I also received one but will be attending the Tacoma mixed group interview on December 8th as I will be out of the country on 11/17. I would love to hear any feedback after the interview up in Anchorage. Good luck to everybody!!

Congrats to you as well!!!! We will make sure to let you know how things went in hopes it will help you prepare a bit.  I wish you all the best for your interview!!!!

11 minutes ago, AKRunnerDude86 said:

Hey guys! I received an invite for Nov. 17th in Anchorage. I like the idea of meeting up before the interview. 

Lisa, I tried looking up the Facebook page but nothing showed up. 

I look forward to meeting all you!

Matt

Congrats Matt!!! We would love to have you join our meet up group!! If you send me your email I can send you an invite to the facebook page if you would like?

1 hour ago, AKRunnerDude86 said:

Hey guys! I received an invite for Nov. 17th in Anchorage. I like the idea of meeting up before the interview. 

Lisa, I tried looking up the Facebook page but nothing showed up. 

I look forward to meeting all you!

Matt

Hi Matt 

Congrats!! Welcome to that happy place. ?

We will get you hooked up with the FB group. We are getting to know one another though the group and looking forward to a meetup. 

Nice to meet you here. 

Hello everyone, 
I also received my invitation on Wednesday and I am super excited!
Would love to meet up before the interview.  I currently work a rotational schedule in Valdez but I'll be in Anchorage on Friday, November 16th and from October 25 to October 30th. 

I will try to find the FB group as well. Looking forward to meeting all of you ?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Singh said:

Hello future classmates,

I will coming up to Anchorage from Seattle on Friday for the interview on November 17. I would love to meet up the day before the interview. Unfortunately, I don't have Facebook, so I can't use that to see when and where you all are are meeting.

Hi Singh, 

CONGRATULATIONS!

There are days I wish I didn’t have Facebook.

We have a meet up planned from 2:00 until about 4:30 p.m. ish at the Kaladi Brother Coffee House at 6921 Brayton Drive 99507. 

What time do you arrive? If it is later than 4:30 I (and I believe others in our group) would be happy to meet up with you a little later. 

Either way we will stay in touch. Feel free to email me at spin0068@gmail.com. I’ll give you my phone number. The Brayton location can be hard find.. it’s in weird location. 

Look forward to meeting you  

Best 

Lisa 

• 3 weeks later...

How did the interview session go this past weekend? Let us know when you get the good news! Such an exciting time.

I am interviewing in Tacoma during the combined interview session on the 8th of December for a spot in the Anchorage class. 🙂 There are only a few of us who are interviewing for a seat up in Anchorage, according to this forum.

How many people were there at the interview this Saturday? They share they have 20-25 seats for each Anchorage class.

Good luck to you all! 

Archived