Third cycle applying, just received my FIRST ACCEPTANCE

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my story with applying to PA school to hopefully help/inspire some others out there! This is my third cycle applying to PA school. My first cycle, I applied to 14 schools, got 4 interviews and from those 2 waitlist offers and 2 nos. My second cycle, I applied to 11 schools, went on 5 interviews (declined one), and again had 3 waitlist offers and 2 nos. This cycle, I applied to 19 schools, I've only heard back from 7 so far, have gone on 5 interviews and just received my first acceptance last week!! 

I've learned a lot from all these interviews and application cycles and am beyond excited to receive my first acceptance! If anyone has any questions for me about my stats/clinical info or whatever message me, I'm an open book! Good luck to everyone out there, I know how difficult this process is and am willing to share my experiences. 

1 hour ago, jmpa6 said:

What are you’re stats if you don’t mind sharing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cGPA 3.46; sGPA 3.39; GRE V152 Q157 AW 4.5; 1500hrs as a PCT and 3000hrs as a phlebotomist; 100+ hours shadowing in 6 different specialties. If you have any other questions feel free to message me! 

2 hours ago, ems94 said:

I'm from/currently living in St. Louis, MO but have applied to schools all around the country! My acceptance was from a private school in a different state!

First off, I'm very happy for you. Congratulations!

Looking at your numbers (only looking at GPA's bc I haven't started racking up PCH yet) and the fact that you had to apply 3 times makes me nervous because my current GPA (I'm a senior finishing undergrad right now) is exactly a 3.25 with my sGPA definitely lower than that (haven't calculated it yet - too scared). I admire your determination!

Any advice you'd share with people like me? Be as honest as you want, I need criticism.

Archived