Credentialing complaint

Recently, a facility I do PRN stuff at (EVH, 1st Assist Cardiac) was bought by the large corporation I used to work for.  I left there on good terms and went to a private practice group of CV Surgeons and have never looked back.  I had to go through credentialing again and all was well and was credentialed.  I recently did a case with no concerns but was alerted by my former office manager as well as another PA I worked with that my previous surgeon (and I use that term loosely...I'll explain later) wrote a very nasty and scathing letter to the credentialing board to not have me credentialed.  Fortunately for me, 4 surgeons and all the previous surgeons were contacted and the letter was disregarded. 

I've posted on here in the past about the abuse I withstood from my previous surgeon, and I have had ZERO contact with his since I left over 2 years ago.  He's been asked to leave his current group for very sub-par surgical care and what not.  I won't knock him in the dirt, but I can say he is not a good surgeon after working with excellent ones since I left him.  I can not for the life of me figure out how or why he sent a letter against this facility credentialing me.  I've had a surgeon say that this is an offense that needs to be dealt with legally, and I've had one where say leave it alone.  In my eyes it's his way of continuing to bully me for reasons unknown.  

In some of y'alls opinions, what should I do?  Call him out?  Leave it alone?    

Get an attorney. He is slandering you in your professional capacity and you have other surgeons on your side. Don't communicate with him directly. Let your attorney do it. At the very least you can shut down his behavior and, if it continues, you can sue him because you have made reasonable effort at controlling his behavior.

It is difficult to imagine the amount of anger this person is living with that would make him do this kind of thing. I promise you aren't the only target. Do everyone a favor and slap him down. For a number of years the greatest civil award in Texas was based on a bad job reference. You didn't even ask this fool for a reference so he his proactively being malicious.

Personally, I’d let it go, other than to make it clear to whomever schedules you that you will not, under any circumstances, work with the offender.

It sounds like karma has been working on the surgeon anyway.

Life is too short to get into fights you don’t need to have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So if this surgeon's letter was "ignored" what becomes of it? I suspect that the letter is part of your credentialing file. Since the letter contains negative commentary directed at you, I'd would at least expect there be some rebuttal letter or commentary attached to this negative document.

Archived