Employees spying on each other?

The APPs in my group are pretty tight. Sadly my corporate master has created an atmosphere of everyone spying on each other "for the good of the patient" or "for the good of the company". When I suggested they substitute the words "people", "party", or "motherland" and see if it sounded familiar they acted like I was nuts. They even came up with some crazy program called "Near Miss, Good Catch" that formalizes the process of spying on each other and reporting it "for the greater good."

It is rather like working in East Germany before the wall came down. I'm just wondering if this is part of the greater corporate madness that is health care or if it is unique to my corporate overlords.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, sas5814 said:

It is rather like working in East Germany before the wall came down. I'm just wondering if this is part of the greater corporate madness that is health care or if it is unique to my corporate overlords.

Never heard of anything like that before.  Group Health (now Kaiser) had a very good "just culture" flowchart that focused on differentiating between learning issues and actual malfeasance. 

https://www.chpso.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/marx_primer.pdf

This isn't exactly the tool they had, but it was a flowchart derived from these sorts of concepts.

Archived