nice twist, respect from new potential per diem job

I was just approached about per diem work by the only other facility within 2 hours of my home that uses solo EM PAs.

Their email said:

Dear Dr. X. We would very much like to discuss with you the possibility of having one of our sponsoring physicians support you in application for part time/per diem solo coverage PA opportunities in our emergency department.....

Thought this was very nice. They both acknowledged my academic doctorate and used the phrase sponsoring physician. I applied. I have always had several clinical jobs with 1 full time and several per diem. never know when a per diem position can become full time or you need some extra cash, so why not. that would put me at 1 full time job , 1 part time job(regular per diem one weekend/month) , and 1 per diem position plus teaching.

I have been at my current job doing solo 24s for 5 years, full time for the last 5 months. As above, 12-15 pts in 24 hrs leaves lots of room for down time. I have a call room with wts, a rowing machine, widescreen tv and dvd player, fridge, microwave, Ukulele, and full bath with shower. it is a pretty sweet deal getting paid to sleep. of course, every now and then you stay up for 24 hrs, which is tough if you were awake 3 hrs before the shift started. doable, but rough and uncommon.

if you meant when do I sleep around jobs, consider that I only work 9 days/month (6 x 24 hrs and 3 x 12 hrs) and get all my online teaching done while working at other jobs.

Archived