To The Supporters and Faculty @ Chatham University

TO THE ADMINISTRATION AND FACULTY AT CHATHAM PA PROGRAM.

I want to say in clearly stated terms that i don't wish BAD for Chatham University as i have graduated from there but i wish a spade was called a spade.

• I want to be proud of my School but unfortunately i have no reason to be, even though i have no relationship to it (Thankfully)
  • The administration and faculty should feel the gravity of the situation and shock themselves out of denial that its gonna be fine.
  • Firstly stop saying its a great PA school which it is not.
  • Second take the feedback from the students anonymously, especially the ones who got kicked out for personal reasons, you should also contact all the persons who have graduated and ask them about the quality of the education they get and the amount of money they pay.
  • Get a proactive faculty who are willing to work with the students in real not via email. Get a faculty that can be approached and does not have firewalls around them except for a favorite few. Stop harassing students and threatening them with UNPROFESSIONAL behavior.
  • Work with the students and tend to the problems at hand rather than shove them into the email box.
  • Switch over to a didactic theme, PBL is passe, its only a few in the nation that do it. THIS MEANS GETTING A FACULTY WHICH IS ACTIVE AND SLICK. NOT LAZY PEOPLE WHO ONLY EMAIL AND THREATEN YOU.
  • UPDATE the curriculum and stop recycling.
  • Get a faculty who are clinically active.

This program needs a major rehaul, and if there is just a paintjob this time, it will crumble and vanish for ever.

UNFORTUNATELY FROM what i heard the only person who could make a difference in the program has already resigned, perhaps she saw that the bubble has burst and its time to go.

I want the Faculty and administration to know that facts are facts, word travels fast and this is the age of SOCIAL NETWORKING, bring out the letter in open and see what inputs you get from the students, i am sure they will be much better than what the faculty has to offer.

The Honorable Deans should make a proper enquiry as to why this fiasco happened, if the faculty was always painting a rosy picture. I dont think it happened overnight or with one batch of students. The rot must have started long before.

I hope transformation and changes happen for the better at Chatham and it can be a better program than it is now, i mean far more better.

Then why did you accept the admission offer and graduate from a school you despise and do not believe in? Chatham has always been PBL based. Did you not offered other acceptances? You say you do not wish bad for Chatham but by the tone of your post I beg to differ. No PA program is perfect, just like no school, primary or secondary, is perfect. Please just go on your merry way and leave the student forum to the students.

do you seriously just post things and imagine yourself speaking it to anyone who remotely care to listen to your antics? You are so quick to blame the entire program for a set of problems that you can solve yourself. Did you ever consider that professional behavior is expected at this stage? Since you must have a bachelor's degree to begin this program, you of all people should know what professional conduct is and should not be reminded of what is expected....among the other things you decided to ramble about.

Chatham is only turning into a spiral of death due to students who seek to blame anybody but themselves for their success. Chatham expects students to take an active part in their learning and you are the sole person responsible for what you learn. PBL is only as good as what you make based on your desire to learn and be a good PA....it sounds like you have had a negative experience because you have yet to put forth the effort.

As a student from Chatham's program, you were well aware of the curriculum when you applied and if you didn't that is an error on your behalf. The curriculum is designed to engage students where students are not spoon-fed, its a NEW kind of learning which is MORE BENEFICIAL than sitting in a classroom for hours on end and only to find out that you fell asleep and only remembered things half as well.

If you want to discuss these so called facts, then you are not the person who should provide them. The only thing you have done on this forum is destroy any prospective student's desire to apply to this program, as a current student in the program, this is exactly what I needed to become a great PA and I am proud to say I was a chatham student!

PA Student, which is it? Are you a current student? or are you already a "great PA"? "was a Chatham student" is past tense. Have you taken the PANCE yet? I'm assuming not. When you do, I hope you have the fortune of passing it on the 1st try.

Everyone has the right to their view and opinion. If you look through pahelper's history of posts you will notice they are there to help and inform others. They are not filled with lies. I hope you and your class members have a better educational experience than many of Chatham's PA class of 2011 did. I suggest you imagine yourself in the shoes of those class members who, for a variety of reasons, were decelerated or "forced" out of the program. Or imagine yourself as one of the many who completed the program but failed the PANCE. Just like you the members of the class of 2011 were selected from nearly 1,000 applicants and they were just as qualified and hard working as you and your fellow classmates, so why were so many of their lives negatively impacted by this program? The class of 2011's statistical outcomes were not a one time fluke. If that were the case you would not hear so many voices crying foul. This program should be on probation, not to punish it, but to force change. ARC-PA and Chatham University should be investigating the claims made on this forum to make sure they are not repeated. They should also go beyond that to correct the harm that was done to too many members of the class of 2011. You and every future graduate of Chatham's PA program should be thanking pahelper for having a voice and fighting for change.

Archived