GRE study aids

I used magoosh and the ETS gre book to get used to their wording.

At maximum this is what youll need with a heap of dedication.

I did this for a touch over a month month, studying every single day after woking 9 hour shifts at my job. Some nights Id put in 2 hours and those nights where I didnt feel like it at all I would 30 mins, just to get something in. 

Ended up with a 309 overall and 4.0, Im not the best standardized test taker but I was shooting for a 310+. Cant complain. I only had to take it once and got an acceptance. 

I didn’t study for the GRE, though I intended to (not recommending that tactic, but you know... life got in the way). My scores were fine (155/155), but if I did it over again I would’ve focused on studying geometry, that’s the only area I struggled on during the test. 

• 2 weeks later...

I completed the ETS GRE book (it's not that long) and parts of the Manhattan 5 Lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems. ETS also offers two free practice exams online, which is a great way to familiarize yourself with the format of the exam. The ETS GRE book has a "math review" section of notes that is a bit excessive and not on the actual GRE, so don't worry too much about that. 1 month of studying for about 20 hours a week should be good. I recommend 1.5 to 2 months if you have the time!

Archived