2018-2019 Cycle

On 9/18/2018 at 2:54 PM, prepa5284 said:

I was also waitlisted for an interview. Would anyone mind sharing stats? Especially those who were offered an interview? Good luck!

Undergrad GPA: 3.91

Masters GPA: 3.72
Overall GPA: 3.89

Overall Science GPA: 3.84
GRE: Below 300
PCE: ~500 hours as a PCA in a hospital (CNA)
HCE: ~400 hours (hospice volunteer, dietary aide volunteer in a hospital, global brigades member)

Shadowing: ~50 hours (Primary care, Orthopedics and Dermatology PA's)

I feel my higher GPA, masters degree, various leadership, volunteer, research and teaching experiences made up for my lower GRE score and PCE hours.

On 9/20/2018 at 11:04 AM, Prepa101010 said:

Just wondering if anyone actually received a rejection letter? Given that so many of us were waitlisted, it makes me wonder if the waitlist is actually a rejection.

It's not, they are hedging their bets in case someone turns down an interview spot. But Butler only has two interview days total, so if you haven't heard back by October 20 an interview may be quite unlikely. I got my invite a week ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, keverett said:

Congrats to those of you accepted! Did they give you a time frame you had to accept by? Personally, I’m waitlisted at another school and I’m hoping for a spot to open up now that butler has started with their acceptances. ??

One week from the date that we received the offer of admission, for me I have until 11/9. Received the call yesterday followed by an admission offer received today!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No email since the acceptance but they did send some information in the mail. 

On an unrelated note, I contacted Erin to see if there would be a FB group made but as of yet, it hasn't been. I'm hoping to get it going but I need at least one other person to start it up. Anyone who wants to join can pm your email and I'll invite you. 

Archived