How many schools should I apply to?/What are my chances?

I'm applying this cycle and I am wondering how many schools is a safe number to apply to with these stats

Major: Molecular & Cellular Biology, Minor: Chemistry

cGPA: 3.76

sGPA: probably around 3.6ish

GRE verbal: 157

GRE quantitative: 163

GRE Analytical: 4.0

HCE: a little over 1000 hours as a medical assistant including volunteering at 2 hospitals

PA Shadowing: 50 hours in 2 different fields

Plenty of extracurricular and leadership experience. I also worked 2-3 jobs at any given time while in college.

LORs: 2 professors, one PA, MD who is my supervisor

24 minutes ago, doglover9 said:

I'm applying this cycle and I am wondering how many schools is a safe number to apply to with these stats

Major: Molecular & Cellular Biology, Minor: Chemistry

cGPA: 3.76

sGPA: probably around 3.6ish

GRE verbal: 157

GRE quantitative: 163

HCE: a little over 1000 hours as a medical assistant including volunteering at 2 hospitals

Plenty of extracurricular and leadership experience. I also worked 2-3 jobs at any given time while in college.

Your stats are good enough to get you an interview at most schools; barring you don't have any adverse recommendations and your personal narrative reads well. You didn't list your experience with PAs and this is what schools are going to want to see. Whether shadowing or working with PA and having them write you a letter of recommendation. They want to know you know what the PA career field entails. Thusly, it will come down to your performance at the interview. If you can avoid expletives and string together educated responses you shouldn't have any issue of getting into a program. Best of luck

8 minutes ago, CHACHEE said:

Your stats are good enough to get you an interview at most schools; barring you don't have any adverse recommendations and your personal narrative reads well. You didn't list your experience with PAs and this is what schools are going to want to see. Whether shadowing or working with PA and having them write you a letter of recommendation. They want to know you know what the PA career field entails. Thusly, it will come down to your performance at the interview. If you can avoid expletives and string together educated responses you shouldn't have any issue of getting into a program. Best of luck

I forgot to add in the 50 hours of shadowing I have! Thank you for responding to this post!

Archived